• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this mount through the 1911 frame?

From IMFDB.org:

In 1984, laser sights were rare, and required a high level of power. This helium-neon laser needed 10,000 volts to turn on, and a further 1,000 volts to maintain its brightness. The cables were run up Arnold's arm to a battery that was in his M65 field jacket. The laser was activated by his other hand.View attachment 5303609
That is incredible, I had no freaking clue. It's amazing how technology has gone Leaps and Bounds since the 1980s. The kid I helped build three Camaros for said that he could not fully comprehend how somebody could come up with an engine. I said that process doesn't sound that difficult. What I couldn't understand is how in the heck they store information on a silicone chip. That blows my mind how somebody came up with that in their garage. It's amazing!

I am watching a 1911 on the auction site and still have not had my question answered by the seller. Is this scope mount bolted (as in holes made in the frame) on?

View attachment 5291082

Yeah, that is a 90's-era mount from Jack Weigand. I have seen those mounted very nicely by using the proper jigs or a dialed-in Milling Machine. I have also seen them hacked-to-death by some schmuck who used the mount itself as the jig and drilled the holes all cattywampus.

Thanks for all of the replies. The bidding is up way more than I would ever imagine paying for a Colt Delta with a lot of holes in the frame, considering I would not use the scope.

Back
Top Bottom