• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this package of survival gear stuff decent?

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
So I got this in an email promo the other day:

https://moderncombatandsurvival.com/survival/looter-defense-planning-defeat-hungry-mob/

It goes to this order page:

http://survivalgearsecrets.com/?mes...tracking=mcs_content_ad_page_-_govt_guns_gear

Your "Order 3 - Get 2" X-BOB Package Includes:
  • (5) X-BOB Mainframe Backpacks
  • (20) 8" MOLLE Tactical Mainframe Pouches
  • (10) 6" MOLLE Tactical Belt Pouches
  • (5) MOLLE Tactical Blowout Packs
  • (5) In-Line Water Filtration Systems (With Bug-Out Bladder & Shelter-In-Place Adaptor)
  • (Up to 5) 72-Hour Survival Food Kits At Mfg's Cost + Free Shipping
  • Survival Kit Bug-Out Bag Manual
  • Advanced Bug-Out Video Training Library
Total Value: $2,938 Only $684 Today!

cqcpubs1603.s3.amazonaws.com_csg_images_x_bob_value_a.jpg

I started thinking... it seems kinda pricey, but I'm curious what you professional bugger outers think about this. Would it be cheaper & easier to assemble myself? How much would you spend on a bug out bag + gear? I'm new to all this.

Without true details in what everything is, it is hard to say if it is a good deal.

It appears to be a good start for a BOB but will most likely need extra items.

The cost should reflect several different factors:
1. How much can you afford?
2. What training, knowledge, and skill level are you? ( Higher skill, the less the gear needed.)
3. Location bugging to. ( Snow covered or tropical)
4. Physically fit member's of your group.
5. How long can/do you plan to survive?

It's been my experience that the pre-packaged kits are decent at best. You'd probably come out cheaper building your own, and it will give you a chance to evaluate your decision-making process. Ounces equal pounds, so you will learn to be selective. Items that serve multiple purposes are key. Think outside the box when procuring your supplies. I routinely buy up backpacks at my local goodwill store for $3 or less. I put them back and make get home bags for friends and family with them. I picked up a North Face internal frame pack that was nearly new a few weeks ago for less than $25. It's going to replace my large duffle bag as my main BOB.

Spas & smokey are right. Without knowing the brands of all the individual components you dont know what you get for your money. Is it a Maxpedition bag or a joe shmo china brand. Double or single stitched. You can look around and several websites and get a good list of things that you should have, also look at your situation. Urban or wilderness, kids no kids, women no women. How many calories a day do YOU need to function. It will be different for everyone. Also whatever you get, practice with it. I have seen so many people with BOB that still have everything in the packages, in a real emergency they will probably not have any clue how to use the items efficiently. Youtube has great videos about using the different items. Also, try not to rely on "Stuff". Learn to deal with situations with a minimum of equipment. A good knife and a multi tool can take you a long way if you have a little knowledge.

I've actually written a book on getting started with prepping. I geared it towards novices and mainly men, since we will be the ones doing most of the planning and gathering. Here is a link to it on Amazon. I think it may help you out. It's got a series of checklists and other helpful resources in the back of the book as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Will-You-Be-...TF8&qid=1533675772&sr=8-2&keywords=shawn+clay

Back
Top Bottom