• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this True or just Local gun shop lore

He's definitely not taking Phil Mickelson's spot!

EDu7.gif

Oh well, with all that poor kid has been through, won't second guess him.
But if it wasn't his to begin with...?
Ah yeah that's right someone loaned it to him didn't they. Think they will be charged with contributing to the homicidal tendencies of a minor?

Ah yeah that's right someone loaned it to him didn't they. Think they will be charged with contributing to the homicidal tendencies of a minor?
Nope. it was his gun.

that was one of the charges that was thrown out by the judge because the Minnesota law was too vague to be enforced.

There is a lot of conjecture in these posts. The vast majority appears to be assuming that their property will be seized until a trial is held. If your shoot was a good one and you are not living in a communist community, then your attorney will have your property back to you in 30 days or less. If you did some gangster stuff and your shoot was not good, then stand by!!

It is up to the agency's policy and the lead investigator to determine if your property has to be seized at all. Most agencies WILL seize your gun for a temporary time to give their investigators time to confirm their theory on the course of events and will USUALLY be completed in 72 hours and you can start the process of retrieving your property, assuming you are not being charged.

On the other hand of this LEO's firearm will be seized until the DA is certain of the chain of events and then they can release it back to the officer if cleared or book into storage for evidence until the trial AGAINST the officer.

This is ASSUMING that your local agency is worth its salt and ASSUMING a normal course of events that are not perverted in any way.

Not current times but in 1968-1969 my Pops had the first 1967 Camero SS/RS in Georgia. He seen a film on a new car the "Camero" one day at the GM plant and placed an order that day. After he received the car he had it striped and repainted the way he wanted it. He came home from GM after working the graveyard shift took a shower and looked out the opened bedroom window to check on the car before he went to bed. The hood was up and heard three guys talking about stealing it. Pops told Mom to call the police but do not turn on the lights. Of course, she said why? and he said they are trying to steal my car. As soon as he opened the front door, she screamed out the window and that's when they jumped into their Camero and took off and Pops fired three rounds into the back of the car. When the police arrived, they did not take his gun, but the police took him in and held him until the sun came up at the Chamblee PD Department. They told him they were waiting to see if anyone was admitted to the hospital with a gunshot wound. And if so, he would be charged. Nobody went to the hospital and they released him and told him not to leave the state. Several days later an officer was at the Krispy Kreme Donuts getting you guessed it donuts and notice the Camero in the parking lot matched the description my Pops gave them. He checked the rear of the car and found two bullet holes. He went inside and the car belonged to a teenager working there. When they checked the trunk, they found it full of stolen hubcaps from Camero's and Chevelle's. Just happy Pops didn't kill someone because he would have spent the rest of his life in prison.

Usually not destroyed but potentially tied up for many months. In Dekalb county he may need a lawyer just to get his own gun back . Liberals in charge in Dekalb will do anything to deny you ownership of your property if it is scary to them.

My ex-wife was able to pick up our handgun three weeks after the incident involving its use. Long time ago but all it took was me calling and asking and I was told she could pick it up in a week. A South Carolina Sheriff's office. No trial was involved.

(No one gives a **** what read or don't read lol jezz)

Back
Top Bottom