• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ishapore 2A1 Extractor Problems and Questions

Linachaw

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Milsurp Collector
99   0
Reaction score
I need some Lee Enfield experts
I have been having some issues with my Ishapore 2A1 in 7.62x51. What I at first thought was a rough chamber turned out to be an extractor issue. The extractor is holding the cartridge in such a way that it binds when loading and extracting from the chamber. I know this because I polished the chamber and still had this issue, and when I take the extractor out, cartridges feed smoothly into the chamber. I have a 7.62 extractor in there, and believed the extractor spring was the issue. I took apart my No1 Mk3 and compared the two springs and they were the same. Are they supposed to be the same for a No1 style action in .303 and 7.62? Also I noticed when I close the bolt on an empty chamber, the extractor was positioned too close to the chamber, and was being pushed against the spring tension outwards in the extractor groove. My No1 Mk3 does not do this, and neither do my No4s or No5. Since I thought the extractor spring was the issue, I ordered one of these from Apex gun parts. I have never seen a coil spring like this in ANY Lee Enfield bolt head. But they claimed to be legit so I bought one and could not get it installed. Perhaps my technique is wrong. I can easily install the leaf springs, but this one is tough, even with 2 people and a vice. Is this spring legit or some random spring from something else? Any tips on installation? Anyone else have a similar problem? I have a feeling I end up ordering a new extractor if it is actually the problem here.
https://www.apexgunparts.com/enfield-1-mkiii-2a1-extractor-spring-indian-vg-to-ex.html
x tractor.PNG

Turns out the spring was BS. Not the right spring. The problem was the extractor channel on the barrel. It had some kind of solder, weld, or displaced metal that was preventing the extractor from moving outwards. I filed it down and it solved the issue.

Back
Top Bottom