• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Isle of Man....as addictive as the Dragon's Tail....

Don’t know how to Drag Race. And they have much much more power than 98% of street bikes.

Probably don't know much about driving tanks either but that's ok because they aren't drag racing or driving tanks.

They are riding superbikes fast on curvy roads which is what people were talking about when they were talking about power wheelies.

:becky:

Probably don't know much about driving tanks either but that's ok because they aren't drag racing or driving tanks.

They are riding superbikes fast on curvy roads which is what people were talking about when they were talking about power wheelies.

:becky:
That ain’t happening with 99% of Bike’s on the street and not by any average rider.
Just simply pouring the fuel to a bike already running 80-100isnt going to power the Bike Into a wheelie by even an above average Bike or rider. These are not even close to “average” Bikes OR Riders.
Yes you can upset the balance, down shift and cause the Bike to raise the front wheel.:rolleyes:

As fast as my stuff is it won’t wheelie in high gear without me seriously screwing up.
But I may soon have that kind of power, depending on if my current deal goes through. LOL

That ain’t happening with 99% of Bike’s on the street and not by any average rider.
Just simply pouring the fuel to a bike already running 80-100isnt going to power the Bike Into a wheelie by even an above average Bike or rider. These are not even close to “average” Bikes OR Riders.
Yes you can upset the balance, down shift and cause the Bike to raise the front wheel.:rolleyes:

As fast as my stuff is it won’t wheelie in high gear without me seriously screwing up.
But I may soon have that kind of power, depending on if my current deal goes through. LOL

All I know is if I go WOT in 2nd or 3rd gear on my RSV or even my FZ1 the front end is coming up.

All I know is if I go WOT in 2nd or 3rd gear on my RSV or even my FZ1 the front end is coming up.
Yeah, if your lugging it. These guys are not lugging the motors, and are not in lower gears.
Hell, I can do that with a 250 in 2nd and 3rd.
Now get up to 80-100 in higher gears like these guys and go WOT and you will eccelerate but not “power wheelie”
These guys can and do, but like I said they are operating both mechanically and physically at a level most cannot understand.

Power wheelies happen with street bikes at 100mph. Any modern literbike will put the front end up in second or third and hard throttle. My 1198 would do it all the time, and the newer bikes are even faster.

Today's bikes are coming with 200-215hp at the crank, and they are not long, low and heavy like a Busa... they are short and light and not too much heavier than a 600...

It doesn't take skill to power wheelie. It takes HP and if the bike is short, light and makes **** tons of power, it wheelies...

Absolutely. Today's bikes are putting down the kind of power than a $2M MotoGP machine was putting down only a decade or so ago...

When you start getting 160-180hp at the rear wheel in a bike weighing 440lbs wet, power wheelies at higher speeds are almost a given... That is why electronics have really come of age in the past 5 years. They had to. You can't hand someone a 180hp at the wheel machine and just assume they will keep it out of a tree. Traction control, launch control, lean angle sensors, ABS, ride modes... All designed to help you go faster, safer, by taming the beast...

The new Panigale V4 is spec'd at 215hp at the crank, with an extra 12hp on top of that if you spring for the Termi race exhaust... That's insane.

None of us could hold a candle to even the slowest Aisle of Man racer, but for some guys to think that a modern literbike won't power wheelie at 100mph without being a pro racer, is silly. They do. I have done it, on a couple bikes now...

power wheelies....yes, and my booty went * in an instant.

Yeah, when you are not expecting them, it can give you a pucker moment...

I was test riding a Panigale 1199 a couple years back... I was on a long back country mode and just goofing around and was like, "fuggit, let's see what this thing can do"... I pinned the throttle and in 3rd, the front end started coming up around 120mph... I grabbed another gear to set it down and it was pulling like a freight train at 150mph before I shut it down, and it still had 2 gears to go if I had felt like continuing...

Today's bikes are scary fast.

Back
Top Bottom