• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

iso gunsmith

tyler jb

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
7   0
Reaction score
looking for someone to fix my ar. i got it from a fellow member and after testing it only shoots one round. second round chambers but no click and no fire.

Sounds stupid but has it been cleaned really good ? Pull out the bolt and clean everything?
according to the other member its new and was function fired to test. when i got it everything was clean as a whistle almost like no rounds were fired. Using good brass ammo too.

Separate the upper and lower receivers.

Release the hammer into the upright, fired position.

Take pics of the fire control group and post them here. That’s all the bits where the hammer and trigger are.

looking for someone to fix my ar. i got it from a fellow member and after testing it only shoots one round. second round chambers but no click and no fire.
Dam if your weren’t that far I’d help you. I’ve been building these guns for over 30 years and work for a AR manufacturer. Sounds like you have hammer follow which could be as simple as the hammer spring was installed wrong, or the hammer and trigger have been “bubbafide” so they won’t hold on recoil. If you can remove the hammer and send me a picture I would be able to help you more. 678-654-8981

Update. The trigger was failing to release. Im guessing brand new parts and only being function tested there wasnt enough "wear" on the parts. after function testing a cpl dozen times it seems to have worn in to the point where the trigger releases properly now. thankyou all for your help!

Back
Top Bottom