• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ISO: Milling for Glock

I haven't used a local.. but I've had great experience shipping my slides out.

Primary Machine in Louisiana and JagerWerks in Michigan have each done a few for me.

Also sorts of milling options from either + cerakote and/or nitride refinishing.

Highly recommend them both.

IMG_7821.JPG
IMG_9392.JPG

Whoever you choose to go with... be sure they're leaving mounting posts in addition to the screw holes.. and they're not just milling the pocket flat and tapping a couple holes in the slide.

Pistol slides really beat up MRD sights and they do better the more they have to hold on to!

IMG_8880.JPG

Adventure Outdoors did one of mine and GA FIRING LINE did another.. Both are good. GA was faster tho..
No idea of AO... but I reached out to Firing Line... they mill the pocket flat. For the reasons mentioned before... I skipped them over.

I'd rather have it done right... than fast.

I haven't used a local.. but I've had great experience shipping my slides out.

Primary Machine in Louisiana and JagerWerks in Michigan have each done a few for me.

Also sorts of milling options from either + cerakote and/or nitride refinishing.

Highly recommend them both.

View attachment 1248218 View attachment 1248219
How do you like the rear sight in front of the dot? Whats the benefit/comparison?

How do you like the rear sight in front of the dot? Whats the benefit/comparison?
I love it. Ran a Glock MOS for a bit... so had some comparison time for the sight to the rear.

Advantages of the forward rear sight dovetail:
- Much cleaner sight picture with the dot. Nothing to obstruct seeing the dot
- Helps to keep any weak ejections from being "dinked" off the glass. Helps to avoid optic glass damage
- I'd rather use the front sight for one-handed slide racking, than the glass of my optic

Really the only disadvantage is that you lose some sight radius should your dot go down... or you remove the optic altogether. (and it looks strange without an optic on there).

I would never run an optic-equipped pistol another way.

I love it. Ran a Glock MOS for a bit... so had some comparison time for the sight to the rear.

Advantages of the forward rear sight dovetail:
- Much cleaner sight picture with the dot. Nothing to obstruct seeing the dot
- Helps to keep any weak ejections from being "dinked" off the glass. Helps to avoid optic glass damage
- I'd rather use the front sight for one-handed slide racking, than the glass of my optic

Really the only disadvantage is that you lose some sight radius should your dot go down... or you remove the optic altogether. (and it looks strange without an optic on there).

I would never run an optic-equipped pistol another way.

Thread Resurrection:

I want to get my Glock 21 milled out for an RMR. I was looking at primary machine do they flatten out the pocket or do they leave the mounting post and screw holes? I debated on which of my guns to get milled but am going to go with 21 bc I just love they way it shoots. I know caliber debate would come into effect but to me it is optimal.

Back
Top Bottom