• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ISO - t-post puller

No. Put closed end on ground or board if ground soft. Wrap chain around t post at ground level. Hook comealong to top of pipe, other end on chain. Crank the t post up and out of ground..
Ok now I’m picturing what your doing. That seems like a pretty good solution.

I normally use an old iron wagon wheel and chain. Hook the chain at the bottom of the post then with the wheel standing up right beside the the post lay the chain over the post and run it to the ball on your truck. Pull forward and the height of the wheel will cause the chain to pull straight up. The post comes out of the ground w/o bending. Works as slick as a button.

I’ve got a tall tractor jack bumper type bought at tractor Supply and bolted a piece of chain with hook and wrap chain around post and jack them out, will even work on wood post! Think the jack was about 40 bucks.

If you can borrow a tractor with a front end loader you can wrap a chain around the post and make really short work of pulling out a bunch of them.
I wish I had gone that route when I first moved onto my place. There was poorly installed, poorly maintained fences in all kind ignored places I didn’t want it. Now all I’m pulling is a few posts here and there that I need to put in temporarily.

Back
Top Bottom