• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It’s none of my business but…..

SafeCracka

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
341   0
Reaction score
Long story short is my uncle passed away a few weeks ago and we’re trying to sort through years and years and years and years and years and years and years and years of stuff. The biggest issue we’re having right now is he literally collected everything from cardboard boxes he just didn’t throw away and other stuff that has no real value to extremely rare Colts, Rolexes, etc…. (Life of a pawn broker)

The issue is even as a family that knows a good bit about firearms there are guns that we have no clue about such as we found a super rough North American Arms 1911 and knew it was worth something but put it off to the side with other $500-1500 pistols. (see photos)

Here‘s my point…. its common for all of us to maybe undervalue our collection to loved ones but at the end of the day please let someone you trust know what you have (even if it’s written down somewhere) and this gun is the ultimate example of why!

Honestly it looks like an old piece of crap so we assumed it probably wasn’t worth much, it got set to the side…and it still would be sitting in the BS pile if we didn’t find the invoice from when he bought it 10 years ago.

*** As of right now NOTHING is for sale, we are still in the sorting stages and will be for sometime… once the dust settles I believe the higher dollar items will go get auctioned by RIA and I may bring some stuff up here and post them but that’s still months away.

And yes I stole the pictures of the gun off the internet auction from 2014 when he bought it.
EF9DC912-7DC8-4836-AECA-CE0D38A46FE5.jpeg
C85110F0-CCB0-4520-B34E-8013D3C045D3.jpeg
5BD8CC5D-9255-4B10-A9B8-520472808F10.jpeg

I've made copies of my sn's and pertinent data and entrusted them to the family member who will be handling my affairs once I take that last step.
I anticipate a lonely demise with a half eaten corpse for whoever finds my remains. (Dogs still gotta eat) and I don't want the vultures swooping in and making off with my guns. I've left instructions for seeing that heirloom pieces make it to the right people before they get gone by some other greedy relative.
The rest of the stuff is just stuff, some is fairly valuable and some isn't and I really don't care what becomes of all that.
I've been on the receiving end of some asshole family member stealing my birthright and I don't want it to happen to the few I care about.

Long story short is my uncle passed away a few weeks ago and we’re trying to sort through years and years and years and years and years and years and years and years of stuff. The biggest issue we’re having right now is he literally collected everything from cardboard boxes he just didn’t throw away and other stuff that has no real value to extremely rare Colts, Rolexes, etc…. (Life of a pawn broker)

The issue is even as a family that knows a good bit about firearms there are guns that we have no clue about such as we found a super rough North American Arms 1911 and knew it was worth something but put it off to the side with other $500-1500 pistols. (see photos)

Here‘s my point…. its common for all of us to maybe undervalue our collection to loved ones but at the end of the day please let someone you trust know what you have (even if it’s written down somewhere) and this gun is the ultimate example of why!

Honestly it looks like an old piece of crap so we assumed it probably wasn’t worth much, it got set to the side…and it still would be sitting in the BS pile if we didn’t find the invoice from when he bought it 10 years ago.

*** As of right now NOTHING is for sale, we are still in the sorting stages and will be for sometime… once the dust settles I believe the higher dollar items will go get auctioned by RIA and I may bring some stuff up here and post them but that’s still months away.

And yes I stole the pictures of the gun off the internet auction from 2014 when he bought it.
View attachment 4232719View attachment 4232720View attachment 4232721
Sorry for your Loss.

Back
Top Bottom