• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It didn’t take long to spread to GA

How about a bill to let us pay the refs like Alabama does.....

iu.gif

It's only fair, we have to keep up with the other schools who's boosters already pay players under the table.

everybody pays their top players under the table. you think a top recruit changes his mind on what school he's goin too at the last second becuase he had a change of heart? No a higher bid came in. I'm all for this though, gettin paid, gettin paid.

While I see some merit to the idea I see no way of implementing it. Do athletes in non revenue sports get any money? Do women sports get a portion of the football team money? As mentioned above does the QB tip the linemen (Maybe Matt Ryan should try this but I digress). Then, if college sports are truly a business ,do they just "hire" athletes and give them the option to get a college degree or cash?

Here we go again, and the title to that article is intentionally misleading. No one is talking about colleges (or you) paying college athletes, this simply removes restrictions that currently keep them from working for money branding themselves.

I'm all for more college students learning about capitalism.

everybody pays their top players under the table. you think a top recruit changes his mind on what school he's goin too at the last second becuase he had a change of heart? No a higher bid came in. I'm all for this though, gettin paid, gettin paid.
Oh I agree wholeheartedly.

Here we go again, and the title to that article is intentionally misleading. No one is talking about paying college athletes, this simply removes restrictions that currently keep them working for money branding themselves.

I'm all for more college students learning about capitalism.

True but the alternative being supported by some is stipends paid by the college. Personally, I think the free market approach saves the NCAA from acting on the question and excuses the NCAA from trying to determine "fairness" between athletes. It might be better for college athletes to learn that some people get paid more while in college versus finding it out at your first job.

Back
Top Bottom