• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It didn’t take long to spread to GA

043B6CF1-5EFD-49BC-8B04-47B712D52170.jpeg
Except drag racing, that's not a sport, it's a way of life!!

Let's face it, college sports are going to be ruined. I guess the next step will be salary caps(so the small poor schools can compete) I think this is a stupid idea. This will take collegiate athletics and then step down to high school. In my hometown back in the 80s when there were only 3 high schools here in Bartow, and Cartersville would recruit for the better athlete's, it took away from the other 2 schools in so many levels.
I'm still amazed at the lack of comprehension in this discussion about what the law is actually about. Nobody said anything about the college paying the players a salary. All it does is allow a player to be paid for his likeness. In other words, currently in the NCAA a player can't profit from him autograph or sell his jersey on eBay. This law will allow that. Or when a video game makes a college game using that players name or jersey number. Or for them to hire an agent to help them with that. Nothing about this bill, or the one signed in California expressed paying them a direct salary from the school. Currently, the schools and NCAA make hundreds of millions off of these players. This just allows the players to make something off themselves too.

Imagine a car dealership wants to pay a local student athlete to be in a commercial.

Imagine that the student athlete agrees to this deal.

Now imagine you walk up to them telling them they can't do it because then the SJW's will want others to get paid too.

Guess what? Now you're the ****ing social justice warrior. Congratulations, you plaid yourself. Moron.
Exactly. And meanwhile, every Saturday game day we see the Ford F150 commercials with Kirby Smart and gets paid a boatload for it. Probably gets free trucks too.

But if Jake Fromm did that, he'd get suspended and probably kicked from the team. The NCAA would impose sanctions on UGA, so forth and so on.

Back
Top Bottom