• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It Makes Me Want To Cry....

napp

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
....when I view a thread for military weapons for sale/trade and the pictures show a tactical abortion with all the original wood removed. There are enough modern weapons being built with plastic without ruining a historical artifact.

....when I view a thread for military weapons for sale/trade and the pictures show a tactical abortion with all the original wood removed. There are enough modern weapons being built with plastic without ruining a historical artifact.

I feel the same way when someone "makes it new again" on a old war horse. The character and history is earned and is what that dinged, oil soaked stock and worn finish makes the arm unique and hints at its history. Refinished metal and a brand new piece of wood looks like poop.

I know specificly When Someone drowns a M1A1 in plastic!! They were a few but mostly wood snipers when I worked with them

Don't have a problem with it as long as they preserve the original pieces but how often does that happen?

I can understand a nice German 98k or something. Slav**** is another story. Couldn't care less about it. Bubba up all the Mosins, SKSs and AKs

Back
Top Bottom