• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: 3 HANDGUNS STOLEN TODAY PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonarsessions

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
24   0
Reaction score
Item Name: 3 HANDGUNS STOLEN TODAY PLEASE READ!

Zip Code: 30093

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 9MM

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING HANDGUNS WERE STOLEN FROM MY APARTMENT ALONG WITH 900+ ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION - PLEASE CONTACT AUTHORITIES SHOULD SOMEONE APPROACH YOU TO SELL THEM :

SMITH AND WESSON MODEL 39-2 SERIAL# A536167
GLOCK 26 GEN 3 SERIAL # ZAP922
GLOCK 17 GEN 3 SERIAL # WWD229

Pictures:
20150314_201000-jpg.573607

img_1112-jpg.573608

glock-26-jpg.573609

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I have to go to the dekalb county property and evidence room but all they gave me was a number to call them. No address. They don't pick up either just goes to vm. Anyone happen to know where it is ??

So I finally spoke with Dekalb Police - they recovered my Glock 17. They advised it needs to go through ballistics testing which will take 8-10 weeks until done. They also gave me the case number involving the firearm and provided me with the officer's name in charge of the case, advising me to go ahead and reach out to the officer with my proof of ownership (I purchased it from my LGS and still have my receipt scanned) so he can advise the department to release the firearm to me once ballistics are done. Hopefully I should have it back in April... but hey it's better than it being out on the streets!

1 down, 2 to go... still have my Glock 26 (ZAP922) and S&W 39-2 (A536167) out there somewhere... hopefully it will turn up someday. This gives me hope it will!

go ahead and reach out to the officer with me proof of ownership
This is what drives me nuts about these kind of situations. Shouldn't the very fact that it was - oh, I don't know - STOLEN from me be sufficient "proof of ownership?"

Also, in before prerequisite and long-overdue BOS brouhaha.

Congratulations ! I had a colt 38 stolen years ago my a real estate agent. He was caught not sure what happened to him. My gun was recovered in Chicago. I was notified it was recovered but it wouldn't be returned because it was used in a crime. Welcome to gun free Cook County! I raised hell to no avail.

Good advice I got on my post was to take copies of the police report to all local pawn shops and outward. My tahoe's lock was punched under the door trim with a screwdriver and unlocked. I didn't notice it until the cop pointed it out two small scratches could have passed for key scratches.

Just got off the phone with the officer assigned to my case. He works the morning shift so it was tough getting him on the phone (10pm-8am). Dekalb police responded to shots fired outside a small community and upon arriving they found the person with my gun firing rounds into the air. He saw police and got in his car, and sped off. They chased him but he left his vehicle and ran off, tossing the gun as well. The gun and the vehicle were recovered but he is still at large. My assumption is the vehicle was stolen as well as they didn't mention they were looking for him based on the info in the vehicle (i.e. registration, tag, etc.) but in a way I am kind of glad he escaped being arrested. I know this may sound a bit raw but people like this shouldn't be arrested. He will likely try and do something stupid like rob/steal again and hopefully the owner will be armed and resolve the situation in self defense, which I know the cops will not do.

People like this should not get second chances and I really hope he turns up soon. The good thing is when he took the Glock 17, it was in a range bag, so I still have the original box, docs, etc. and am just out 1 magazine (It was a Gen 3 with 2 mags) since the gun and mag was recovered. Hopefully ballistics will be done quickly and I can get it back, as the first thing I'm doing with it is taking it to Smyrna to have Glock give it a good look over/cleaning and maybe install some night sights, etc. on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom