12   0
Reaction score
Item Name: 40 cal

Zip Code: 31064

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 40

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I know this isn't the right place but maybe the best place for a quick response.i just want to know why 90% of people on here shy away from 40 cal,I own several 40's and I think it's a great round and more cost effective then a 45 acp and there's tons of people wanting the 45.just wanted to know y'all's thoughts,thanks

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I have followed this thread from the beginning , lots of good info from both sides.
With that being said, if the Fortay" sucks why on earth do our "D" boys carry the totally decked out G22 as there side arm?

For those of you here who don't know who they are, it stands for Delta.
Before you guys start with but Seal Team 6 carry the Sig 226r. They are ordered to do so by the Navy. They will be the first to say it's not the weapon that kills it's the man firing the weapon.

Train with what you shoot effectively and then repeat!
Have a great weekend

Wilco out

I have followed this thread from the beginning , lots of good info from both sides.
With that being said, if the Fortay" sucks why on earth do our "D" boys carry the totally decked out G22 as there side arm?

For those of you here who don't know who they are, it stands for Delta.
Before you guys start with but Seal Team 6 carry the Sig 226r. They are ordered to do so by the Navy. They will be the first to say it's not the weapon that kills it's the man firing the weapon.

Train with what you shoot effectively and then repeat!
Have a great weekend

Wilco out

Honest question here: You mentioned that the Seal Team is ordered to carry the Sigs. Is the Delta team not ordered to carry the G22? Is that a gun they chose to carry?

Honest question here: You mentioned that the Seal Team is ordered to carry the Sigs. Is the Delta team not ordered to carry the G22? Is that a gun they chose to carry?

The Squadron's are allowed to choose what they carry, with that being said its a collective decision. In regards to the Navy, they are in tight with Sig , in regards to there side arms. Both use a lot of different weapons to there mission at hand.

Yeager's "let's compare resumes" comment is yet another example of why I think acts like a douche-bag sometimes.

I conceal carry .40 in my sub-compact Glock 23 or 9 mm in my Kimber, depending on what I am wearing. Open carry, I go 45. Fights with a sidearm happen in CQ, so I concentrate on training and shot placement, and leave ballistics to the surgeon or the coroner's team. I reckon that makes me not much fun in this argument.

I personally do not like the .40. The caliber itself is fine, but my wrist does not like it. After a motorcycle crash a few years ago, and three wrist surgeries the .40 just plain hurts me.

The 9mm or .45acp are fine. I shoot both calibers in IDPA. The 9mm and .45acp are fine even with +p ammo. I carry a Combat Commander .45acp. However, the .40 not so much. This is also the reason I do not shoot big bore revolvers anymore.

Last edited:
I love .40, but to be honest, it may have something to do with cost of operation. 9mm is drastically cheaper, and .45 is not that much more expensive. Side note, .380 is ridiculously expensive for what it is IMO.

In my neck of the woods the 9mm is only .39cents cheaper at wal-mart. This is for the Federal 100 bulk box.

Price of .380 can go poar.

In my neck of the woods the 9mm is only .39cents cheaper at wal-mart. This is for the Federal 100 bulk box.

Price of .380 can go poar.
Our walmart doesn't usually get the federal, usually wwb. The wwb 9mm is 26.67 per 100, and .40 cal is 36.97 per 100, but the .45 is just 39.97 per 100. Big props to north georgia reloaders in Chickamauga though, I got 100 rounds of 9mm for under $25 today.

Our walmart doesn't usually get the federal, usually wwb. The wwb 9mm is 26.67 per 100, and .40 cal is 36.97 per 100, but the .45 is just 39.97 per 100. Big props to north georgia reloaders in Chickamauga though, I got 100 rounds of 9mm for under $25 today.

They are both $25 and some change here, wwb is overpriced for what it is. I honestly don't even look at the price of wwb anymore because I like the Federal and it's usually in stock.

They are both $25 and some change here, wwb is overpriced for what it is. I honestly don't even look at the price of wwb anymore because I like the Federal and it's usually in stock.
I wish we had the federal. I like it a lot better than the wwb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom