12   0
Reaction score
Item Name: 40 cal

Zip Code: 31064

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 40

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I know this isn't the right place but maybe the best place for a quick response.i just want to know why 90% of people on here shy away from 40 cal,I own several 40's and I think it's a great round and more cost effective then a 45 acp and there's tons of people wanting the 45.just wanted to know y'all's thoughts,thanks

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I'll stick with .40 if I can't stop a threat with 16 rounds in my G22 I don't think the 2 more rounds of 9mm a G17 can hold will make a difference. As for it being "snappy" hit the gym and lift some weights and get some strength in those wrists

Simple.

9mm--cheap, low recoil, decent power, and pretty much every full size 9mm has huge capacity. Taurus/Beretta 92 have flush 18 rounders, etc.

45acp--huge bullets that have massive stopping power, and low recoil... and they seem so damn classy. Not even that loud. My first 1911 was a cheap llama 1911, and that thing had gentle recoil.

40s&w--much louder than 9mm or .45, with much snappier recoil, more expensive than 9mm and lower magazine capacity, and they also wear and tear a weapon way faster.
Not to mention, performance against hard objects and armor. .40 sucks compared to 9mm--performance against kevlar is a good indicator of how it is against solid objects. I shot some thick bullet proof glass... .45, as expected, only made a ding in it. 9mm embedded and left a shockwave, as it has decent penetration. .357 sig, made for brutal penetration, cracked the other side of the glass and probably would have shattered it with two or three more rounds.

Glock 22's... they wear apart much faster than a 17 or 21, and have meaner recoil and are louder. Flatter long range shooting, but how many of us are actually good enough to be rapidly hitting targets at 75 yards anyway?

Beretta 96's, have ****ty magazine capacity of 12 rounds vs 18 rounds for the 92, and the alloy frames crack and become unsafe *much* faster. The FBI also recently declared that the small increase in stopping power is outweighed by how people shoot better with 9mm and it weapons out weapons much slower.

Simple.

9mm--cheap, low recoil, decent power, and pretty much every full size 9mm has huge capacity. Taurus/Beretta 92 have flush 18 rounders, etc.

45acp--huge bullets that have massive stopping power, and low recoil... and they seem so damn classy. Not even that loud. My first 1911 was a cheap llama 1911, and that thing had gentle recoil.

40s&w--much louder than 9mm or .45, with much snappier recoil, more expensive than 9mm and lower magazine capacity, and they also wear and tear a weapon way faster.
Not to mention, performance against hard objects and armor. .40 sucks compared to 9mm--performance against kevlar is a good indicator of how it is against solid objects. I shot some thick bullet proof glass... .45, as expected, only made a ding in it. 9mm embedded and left a shockwave, as it has decent penetration. .357 sig, made for brutal penetration, cracked the other side of the glass and probably would have shattered it with two or three more rounds.

Glock 22's... they wear apart much faster than a 17 or 21, and have meaner recoil and are louder. Flatter long range shooting, but how many of us are actually good enough to be rapidly hitting targets at 75 yards anyway?

Beretta 96's, have ****ty magazine capacity of 12 rounds vs 18 rounds for the 92, and the alloy frames crack and become unsafe *much* faster. The FBI also recently declared that the small increase in stopping power is outweighed by how people shoot better with 9mm and it weapons out weapons much slower.
I don't mind shooting 9mm at the range, yes it's much cheaper and has less recoil. But in a defensive situation say insides 15 feet if you need more than even 5-6 shots you need more range time. Let's face it how many of us will ever be put in a situation where we need to penetrate body armor? I hope I never do and chances are very slim. That being said the 135+ ft lb's of force from the .40 standard defense round vs the 9mn standard defense round put out are what's the deciding factor for me. I enjoy this type of discussion because I own 9mm .40 and .45 and yes there is just something that's classy bout the .45 but we are discussing the .40 S&W and I think it's a great caliber much better than a .45 GAP lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom