58   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS 2000 Chevy 1500 Long Bed Price Drop!! $1800

Zip Code: 30008

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1800

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Bill of Sale Info: Full name, current address.

Item Description: Major price drop.
I want this gone so we don't have to pay insurance on it again. Clear title in hand!

This belonged to my dad, the CARFAX report shows he purchased it in September of 2013. He passed away a few months ago at 89. It has not been driven much in the last few years and shows it. If you will PM me your email address I will send you the CARFAX history report. It shows one minor accident in 2001. The rest is just routine service and ownership changes. Engine: 4.3L V6 F OHV 12V

It has issues, I will try to list them:
  1. Weak oil pump. Not sure what might cause this. When cold started the pressure is good (40psi) but when it warms up, it will drop to zero if idling at a stop light! Yes, it is full of good clean oil. Oil pressure goes back up as soon as you up the revs.
  2. Aftermarket Radio has an intermittent power issue. I don't have a clue who might have installed this. It was in it when dad bought it. The manual for it is in the glove box. It is one of those type that the face is removable.
  3. It has an ABS warning light. I presume this means one of the ABS sensors has failed. Unable to reset this failure.
  4. It will occasionally throw a "check engine" failure, sometimes this resets itself and I reset it with a code reader earlier today. Error Code P1345 - possibly related to the camshaft or crankshaft position sensor or a distributor. Engine runs fine.
  5. A small hole in the drivers seat foam. see pictures.
  6. Drivers side door sags. Very common issue on all GMC/Chevy products of this time period. Weak/worn door hinge bushings need to be replaced.
  7. The windshield washer fluid reservoir is cracked, it will not hold any fluid. Probably froze a few years ago. Dad carried a large spray bottle behind the seat!
AC works fine! Owners manual is in glove box. Good tires, one is a different brand. Has plastic bed liner. Manual windows and locks. I have clean title in hand.

Please PM if interested. Vehicle is located in Cobb County, I'm off of Powder Springs Road between Marietta and Powder Springs.

Pictures:
02 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
03 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
04 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
06 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
07 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
08 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
09 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
11 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
12 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
13 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg
15 2000 Chevy 1500 For Sale.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
The red oil pressure warning light comes on when it drops to close or below 5 psi. So I have no reason to believe the gauge reading is way off. I don’t need a project truck. I just want to sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 07 z71 did the same thing. Changed the sending unit and all was good. Glws

I think the sending units on the Guage cluster was usually the culprit for low oil pressure when it's warm at idle at a stop light...drops below the 10psi light...they had a warranty deal they dealers would replace them for free...way before covid

If you ask this question on youtube one possible scenario has been suggested on a few occasions. The oil pickup tube has an o-ring that connects two sections of pipe, heat and oil cause the ring to deform and when it gets hot it starts leak and either lets oil out at the junction or starts to suck in air. However all of the you tube responses were dealing with the V8 and this is the v6 but probably the same design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom