• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS/FT Carcano M91 Carbine - Italian Moschetto da Cavalleria Modello 91/38 -...

Status
Not open for further replies.
18   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT Carcano M91 Carbine - Italian Moschetto da Cavalleria Modello 91/38 -...

Zip Code: 30506

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $375
Trade Value or Items Looking For: 450

Caliber: Other

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: For Sale/For Trade

Italian Carcano Carbine Model 91 -- Italian Moschetto da Cavalleria Modello 91/38 - 6.5 x 52mm

Manufactured 1942 by F.N.A Brescia -- See barrel stamp -- Note Roman Numerals "XX" which denote the year of the Facist regime. 80 Years Old! ...This carbine is in very good condition and fully functional.

About me: I am a collector, I am Italian, I am an amateur - certified - gun smith. I am not in the business of making money in the gun industry. That said, along with being a piece of Italian history, and World War II history, this surplus weapon is something you can go out and shoot. You can hunt deer, protect your home and if needed you can go to war with this carbine. Disclaimer: This firearm is an antique and should be checked by a professional gunsmith before being placed in service - before shooting.

For those interested in a bit of World War II history ... Brescia - where this carbine was manufactured (F.N.A. B) is located in Northern Italy, an area that was at the time occupied by German forces. After the fall of the German Empire many of these rifles found their way into Germany, while others were issued to the Carabiniere/Italian Police and other forces. The markings on this carbine - "FAT 1947" indicate this carbine was overhauled by the arsenal - Fabbrica Armi Terni, located north of Rome, Italy - which was common practice post war. The stock's serial number matches the receiver albeit with an error (common for the Italians), and is in excellent condition. The receiver fits tightly in the stock, and the bayonet locks solidly in both combat and stowed positions. Note the front site -- The Moschetto da Cavalleria was developed in 1891 and went through many changes throughout the years including caliber changes. In 1942 Brescia was the only manufacturer producing these carbines with the quadrant site. All others were fixed front site. The Italian Army at some point made the decision to upgrade all rifles to the quadrant front site.

In summary, this is not a particularly rare piece, but it is in very good condition. If you've purchased military surplus before then you know its luck-of-the-draw when it comes to these things.

** This carbine is for sale, but I PREFER TO TRADE **
I am looking specifically for a Carcano Long Rifle i.e.: Fucile Model 91, 41 or short rifle. I want something with full hand guards. I am willing to come up with cash for a nice trade and have other goodies to trade as well.

Here is a great article that will help your research: https://www.ammoland.com/2020/10/the-italian-moschetto-modello-91-38-cavalleria-carbine/

Pictures:
Carcano 1942XX (4 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (8 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (9 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (10 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (11 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (15 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (20 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (32 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (23 of 32).jpg
0000.ccalpini.jpg
Carcano 1942XX (24 of 32).jpg
Carcano 1942XX (21 of 32).jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom