• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS/FT Remington Model 6. 100 year old take down single shot .22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TradingBana

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS/FT Remington Model 6. 100 year old take down single shot .22.

Zip Code: 30417

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 800
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Pistols or revolvers. Maybe .22 rifles. But try me.

Caliber: 22LR

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Hi all.

For your consideration is a pretty cool old rifle. I got it as a gift for a nephew but it's not needed anymore. I have actually taken it to the range and it's a good shooter!

For a 100+ year old rifle it's pretty light and handy. It has a lot of character but I don't collect these styles of firearms, and I have other .22's I hunt with. I think it deserves a new home.

This is a 1902 patent Remington Model 6 boys rifle. This one is chambered for .22 rimfire. It can handle .22 BB, .22 CB, .22 Short, .22 Long and .22 LR cartridges. It has a falling block action.

The serial doesn't have the date codes that Remington began in 1921 (or 1920 depending on where you're researching) so its date of manufacture is at least 100 years ago. Pretty cool. I'm guessing it was around March 1918 based on the serial number but I don't know for sure. Maybe you could find out.

This one is in great mechanical shape. The barrel is in great shape. The barrel and stock have matching serial #'s. The stock was cracked at one point and someone tried to do a fix with glue. It seems mostly cosmetic at this point.

You can take it down with a thumb screw and it's relatively light. If you're looking for a neat backpacking rifle, or survival rifle, or a project gun (a synthetic stock replacement would be amazing), or a first rifle for a spoiled young family member, or you collect, drop me a line.

Pictures:
mod61.jpg
mod62.jpg
mod63.jpg
mod64.jpg
mod65.jpg
mod66.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom