• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Greifelt #1 O/U - Vintage 12ga - Price Drop

oldhunter

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-greifelt-1-o-u-vintage-12ga-price-drop.1672087/
Item Name: FS Greifelt #1 Over/Under - Vintage 12ga

Zip Code: 30064

Item is for: Sale Only

Sale Price: $1785

Caliber:
12 gauge

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: For less than the price of a modern machine made O/U you can have this fine vintage hand crafted gun that is still in great shape.

Von Lengerke & Detmold NY imported the gun originally in 1928 from Germany. I purchased copies of the original records and I will pass those along to the new owner. The list price on the gun in the late 20s was $450, as much as some cars.

The gun locks up tight as a bank vault, bores are clean and top lever is down the center. 26" barrels are the original length and the records show this. Chokes are light Imp. Cyl. & Improved Modified [tight modified].

The wood is in very good condition, no cracks, a few minor dings. The barrel blue is about 95% and looks original. Barrels have no dents, there is one scuff at the bottom of the top rib where it sits on the top barrel, it is not anything serious and doesn't intrude into the bore.

The checkering is finely cut and in good shape although it doesn't come across well in the pics. There is a small ding in the forearm and some other very minor marks.

Gun weighs exactly 6lb 10oz on my digital postal scale, it handles more like a 20 gauge than a 12.

Full coverage hand engraving.
Automatic ejectors (strong).
Hinged front trigger.
Raised solid rib.
Auto safety with gold inlaid 'SAFE'.

2 3/4" chambers.

Previous owner added a Pachmayr Decelerator pad. Length from front trigger over the pad is about 14 1/4". Drop is about 1 5/8" & 2 5/8".

The hard case shown is not original, used only as a prop and is not included with the gun.

Note: I have used a few pictures from the original seller along with some of my own.

Pictures:
Od1553Im.jpg

dscf4580-jpg.1384759

dscf4581-jpg.1384760

dscf4577-jpg.1384761

greifelt2-jpg.1384767

greifelt3-jpg.1384769

zDXX2eY.jpg

4BbawmNm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom