• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS RARE, Hand Made D’Angelico NYL-2 DH (Dual Pickups) Guitar VESTAX Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhangfire

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS RARE, Hand Made D’Angelico NYL-2 DH (Dual Pickups) Guitar VESTAX Japan

Zip Code: 30082

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $2575 or BRO (SOLD PENDING MEET) Thanks for looking!

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I purchased this exquisite hand-crafted instrument in 2004. I only played it regularly for about 3 years. Since then it has been a closet queen due to a hand injury. Now, it’s time for a new home with someone who appreciates the fine detailed craftsmanship and beauty.

To my knowledge there were less than 6 of these made by VESTAX of Japan before D'Angelico of NY terminated their relationship and began having the mass-produced models produced in S. Korea. I have only ever seen one other for sale on eBay several years ago. So, this is a very rare guitar that will only appreciate in value.

Excellent used overall condition with NO cracks or scratches. Slight pick marks on guard, light to moderate fret wear 1, 2, 3, & 5th positions. Superficial tarnish on gold plated pickups w/ small wear area on bridge pickup. NO Modifications.

This guitar was professionally set up and the action is low and fast. There is some normal fret wear most notably on the 1st & 3rd (See Photo/s). There are no buzzing frets that I am aware of. There are a few extremely light superficial swirl marks from wiping and polishing but you really have to look hard to see with the light just right (ENLARGE Photos to See.) There are NO dents or scratches. The gold plating on the bridge pickup is worn through in a small area on the lower front corner.

There is one very small speck on the neck pickup that I cannot identify. The rest of the gold plating is in excellent condition but could use some detail cleaning. The pick guard displays some very very light pick marks. The play-ability is excellent. The action is set low and fast. NO buzzing! There is NO wear on the neck. NO cracks or mismatches!

I am the original owner! I purchased it new from a NY music store in 2005. At the time it was the only NYL-2 DH's available in the US. As of the posting of this listing it is the only one currently available online.

The top is made from SOLID (not laminated) Sitka Spruce w/ fiddle back maple sides and back.

The original faux alligator plush case w/ gold plated hardware is included and in like-new condition.

This is a serious professional grade instrument that will only go up in value!

I am willing to SHIP for additional cost.

If you have any questions or would like to see additional photos please PM me and I’ll respond as soon as possible. Thanks for looking!

Pictures:
img_0066-1-jpg.3199726

img_0007-jpg.3199729

img_0030-jpg.3199730

img_0023-jpg.3199731

img_0014-jpg.3199733

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom