Item Name: Item Gone: FS rounds

Zip Code: 30183

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $2

Caliber: 243

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: ever

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I have one built 1988 my brother would shoot when he came up to visit he kept groups inside a quarter @ 100yds.
Good shooting rifle with beautiful wood and blueing just like this one. If you don't sell it let me know because i have to say
it is probably the best looking rifle i have .GLWS

What a beautiful & fine 243 rifle you have!
The XTR Featherweights like this one advertised were the 1st Generation of Winchester’s Post 1964 Model 70 Featherweights. These XTR Featherweights were produced in the early 1980’s and are IMO the most beautiful of all the Win FWT’s. Winchester later transitioned their Featherweights from “XTR” to the CLASSIC” model which has the CRF controlled round feed. IMO the XTR FWT & Classic FWT New Haven USA models are much sweeter handling and looking rifles compared to the Portugal made assembled ones being produced today. The Portugal ones are nice but they just seem to lack the beauty and lines of the XTR’s. The XTR’s & those early Classic have Winchester’s original and time proven, simple and reliable triggers and not the new Attorney / Lawyer approved complicated MOA trigger. The stocks on the old XTR’s like yours also have a much more streamlined graceful style beautiful stock. The Portugal stocks being made today are nice but seem much more blocky and thick and not as streamlined and graceful like the original 1st Generation XTR Featherweights. When the XTR Featherweights came out in the early 1980’s some Gunwriters reviewing this model liked it better than the earlier and much romanced pre-1964 Featherweights. GLWYS !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom