60   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Trijicon ACOG TA44

Zip Code: 30117-8869

Item is for: Sale Only

Sale Price: 850

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I'm selling a Trijicon TA44, IE the baby ACOG. It's an INCREDIBLY durable, fixed 1.5 power prism scope with a green ACSS reticle that's illuminated by both fiber optics and tritium (so absolutely no batteries required).

As I was using this optic on my home defense rifle and never encountered any wars on my way to the kitchen, this optic is so lightly used that I'd describe its condition as being "like-new". I chose this optic because I knew I wouldn't be able to use backup iron sights, and if you're going to rely solely on your optic then there's no substitute for the durability of an ACOG. I bought it brand new about two years ago, so there should easily still be another decade left on the tritium.

You may be wondering "Why use a fixed power scope with such a low magnification rate?" Although it is technically a scope, this low power ACOG is used in practice like you would a red dot or reflex sight; it's like a red dot or reflex sight but better. Just like a red dot, you shoot with both eyes open and superimpose the reticle onto your target. The 1.5 times magnification is low enough that the optic works for close quarters work, but it's enough magnification to give a decent advantage over a red dot or reflex sight when shooting at further distances. Also, for the people who rightfully are concerned about the weight of their rifles, know that this optic weighs only 5.1 ounces.

Now, this isn't just any TA44 because it has the very highly desired ACSS reticle which Trijicon makes exclusively for the company Primary Arms. In addition to having your typical chevron and outer ring, the reticle has two range estimation tools and hold over spots for 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. This really takes this optics distance shooting to the next level while maintaining its close-quarters capabilities. This ACOG with the ACSS reticle, along with many other models of ACOG with the same ACSS reticle, is completely out of stock and is therefore unavailable for purchase brand new at this time.

The ACSS reticle on this ACOG is green. Some people have debates as to whether the green or red reticle is better, but having used the green I can say with confidence that every ACOG I own from now on will have the green reticle. The human eye can distinguish between more shades of green than any other color, and the glowing green of this reticle is unlike anything found in nature and therefore wont be lost.

In addition to the ACOG, you get the Midwest Industries quick-detach mount (which is normally about $80). Obviously you also get the hard plastic case and all the accessories that the optic shipped in/with. That's right, sometimes even guns get shipped in cardboard boxes, but you know an optic is high quality when it ships in its own case.

Pictures:
acog1-jpg.2703316

acog2-jpg.2703317

acog3-jpg.2703318

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom