Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS Very rare Republic of Mexico Rolling Block

Zip Code: 30680

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $300

Caliber: Other

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Rare Republic of Mexico (RM) marked Rolling Block in .43 Spanish for sale.
'RM' on both receiver and barrel.
If you're not familiar with these, look them up. They are highly sought after in the RRB collecting circles.
Here's the lowdown:
This rifle has seen hard service. When I got it, filthy and rusty does not begin to describe it. I have cleaned it as far as I can. Two screws in the receiver are still seized up, so I could not get the internals out.
The bore was literally filled with dirt and dead bugs. I've flushed it out, ran rods thru it, and lands and grooves are starting to appear
Pitting along barrel, but not deep.
Needs a mainspring.
The really neat part is the hand made butt and buttplate.
Sling appears(?) to be original, or put on it sometime around the time rifle was made. I looked up RRB slings, they did indeed use this pattern.
This is a rough, heavily used RB, and is being sold as a collectors item. If I wanted to put more time into it, I'm guessing it could be a shooter, but that's up to the buyer. Again, these are rare rifles and are sought after.
PM if interested, or have any questions.

Pictures:
IMG_20220729_122531466.jpg
IMG_20220729_122518548.jpg
IMG_20220727_125026074.jpg
IMG_20220727_124927620.jpg
IMG_20220727_124910924.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom