Survivalist
199   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Winchester model 1894 rifle, manufactured 1902, .30 WCF, $500

Zip Code: 30105

Item is for: FS/FT
Sale Price: keeping

Trade value $700
trades- 1911's, Hi Power, Desert Eagle, ???

Caliber: .30 WCF (30-30 win)

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Okay, another from the small collection. This rifle was made in 1902 per Winchester's website. The barrel states ' Nickel steel barrel for smokeless powder'. It is not perfect by any means. The way it is in the pictures that I'm attaching below is the way I received it years back. I wouldn't hesitate to fire it but it does have some issues, mostly with the furniture. The butt stock has a sliver gone near where the bolts affix it to the receiver tangs, and it is a bit loose. There is a crack I noticed where you would place your hand when you grip the rifle to fire. Not breaking but just a crack. The handguard has an age crack due to drying out I suppose. Again, not broke or breaking but I would address it if keeping it. The front sight is missing the blade and it looks as if the base were silver soldered long ago. The magazine tube base looks to have been silver soldered as well, most likely at the same time as the front sight base. Not a bad job, I just like to disclose anything that I notice. The barrel is 26" and is octagonal. This rifle as purchased from my elderly friend years ago and he just hung it on the wall, apparently never taking much interest in cleaning it. Still, it's not that bad. When you rack the lever the hammer will go back to the first catch and not hit the 2nd catch. I suppose it's because of the loose stock and bottom tang being loose at the screw. If you pull the hammer back it catches with no problem. Again, I just like to be thorough and disclose anything that I know of the gun. The 2018 Blue Book of Gun Values gives a wide range on the prices on these rifles. It goes from $4000 at 98%, down to $750 at 10% condition. I'm pricing this at $600 which is clearly way below it's it's value. Someone could take this pre-war 1894 rifle and put a little into it and have a good return in their investment, not to mention having a very cool antique rifle that you can't find anymore hardly. And a n antique that you can take hunting with modern ammo without fear of it blowing up, as it was made of nickel steel! I just don't have the time or energy to invest in this at this time, due to illness and a surgery I'm looking at in the near future. Also these were not made after 1929 and only carbines were made up until 1940. So here is a legitimate piece of history, if it could only talk and let us know what it's seen. If you need any further information don't hesitate to to contact me. Thanks for looking and God bless.

Pictures:
img_20191121_214106-jpg.2372374

img_20191121_214032-jpg.2372375

img_20191121_213920-jpg.2372380

img_20191121_213834-jpg.2372381

img_20191121_213627-jpg.2372383

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I think I'm going to just hang onto this one after all. I had some time this evening while sitting trying to take my mind off of pain, and began fiddling around with it. It amazed me at how sound it is and how it doesn't need that much. The stock is already tight and cracks repaired now, and it will n't take that much to take it apart completely and out it back like it once was. I got to thinking, like where would I ever find another like this one in this good if shape, so I'm pulling it off the boards, at least for now. Thanks to everyone who looked at the posts and ads. Have a very blessed day, everyone.
L_B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom