Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FT LMT semi-auto Enhanced Bolt Carrier

Zip Code: 30188

Item is for: Trade Only
Trade Value or Items Looking For: KAC sandcutter

Caliber: 556

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Soooooooo…… I got excited when this came in stock and jumped on it. I didn’t realize until after I placed the order that it was the SA version and not FA. After doing some research it didn’t bother me. I didn’t get the bolt because A) I can’t find one and B) I was planning on using it with the E3 bolt in my CQB upper.

I know it’s a long shot but I was hoping to trade toward a KAC sandcutter….. I know I am out of my mind trying this as they are just as hard to find as a LMT EBCG FA. But I figured I would give it a shot. I can also throw in some other items as I know there is a price difference.

Or if someone wants to chime in and convince me it will be ok to run this in my upper. I’ve only heard of one instance where this carrier was leaving marks on a KAC cam pin. I know there are people here that are much smarter then me when it comes to this as I am still brand new to the world of KAC.

Thank you all for looking and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

Pictures:
C81A7A9E-0AA5-4924-83C4-488628D4435A.jpeg
9BDB27F4-F618-4579-87E7-07BE6C615C6E.jpeg
62B07039-EDB9-4194-B1DB-6A302E4273C1.jpeg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
If you run suppressed you might have to run one size heavier buffer, other than that, run it. The only difference between a semi auto and a full auto carrier is the small cutout which reduces the weight of the carrier just a touch in a semi auto gun. If you are running a machine gun it will not function on auto as the cutout on the semi auto carrier will not trip the hammer to fire the weapon. I'd run it.

I really appreciate your input man!! My only other concern, and it’s bc I read it on the internet (I know) is that a very small group of people have had issues running the E3 cam pin inside the LMT carrier. It caused “unusual” wear on the pin. As I’m still new with KAC and I know it’s hard to get replacement parts, I didn’t want to risk it. I guess I should also not worry about it and just enjoy the rifle. Merry Christmas man and thank you!! BigMike BigMike

The unusual wear patterns on my cam pin came from the E-bolt from LMT. They are having real qc issues. Never had a KAC but it's on the list. My E-bolt has a burr on it causing gouges on the cam pin.

I really appreciate it man. It help to actually talk to someone about this. Like I said I tried to do my own research but hearing from someone helps. I will probably just run the LMT with the E3 bolt and have fun. As I don’t have a suppressor yet, I’ll worry about that bridge when I get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom