Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
484   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: Who does local Cerakote and Refinishing East of Atlanta

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Does anyone have any referrals where to get a great Cerakote finish done or possibly re-bluing a hand gun? I usually use FORD'S CUSTOMS in Florida but tired of waiting 6 months and paying the high shipping/insurance charges. I am east of Covington GA out I-20. Any recommendations for services actually used are appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Does anyone know if Cerakote will allow lettering to be color-filled without hurting the finish when cleaning the paint overflow?
If you're asking if you can wipe cerakote with acetone after it's cured the answer is yes, no problem.

You may have a problem with the paint you're using bonding to the cerakote so I'd recommend scoring inside the lettering first.

Does anyone think CeraKoting a $3k HK with a weak finish would be a mistake and kill the value? I have always gone back with the correct factory finish process with FORD'S CUSTOMS or Colt Custom Shop on a handgun that needs refinishing, like re-bluing for example. I don't know what the CeraKote in a matte blue finish would look like to know if someone could instantly see it had been CeraKoted and be turned off on purchasing if I decide to sell it. I like everything looking new and know that's weird, but because I buy them for ME to collect and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom