• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Fender Mahogany Blacktop Stratocaster HHH Electric Guitar

CouchManDo

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/t...top-stratocaster-hhh-electric-guitar.2540448/
Item Name: FS Fender Mahogany Blacktop Stratocaster HHH Electric Guitar

Location: Stinky Kroger - 970 Marietta Highway, Roswell, GA, 30075

Zip Code: 30075

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 850

Caliber: Awesome

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description:

Have you ever seen a HHH Blacktop in black? Me neither; I've seen two, and this is one of those two I've seen.

Update: For a limited time as an added bonus, I'm throwing in an AKG WMS 40 wireless system (SR40 Dual Receiver & PT40 transmitter) and a Levy's M4GF 3.5" padded leather strap (both like new). My closet thanks you.

The Fine Print

I'm not interested in trades at this time. Cash only - physical cash, not Paypal, Venmo or other service. To save you an email, if this ad is up, the guitar is still available. All transactions will take place near downtown Roswell in the driveway at my house, next to my neighbor's police car. Note that if the guitar doesn't sell, I will lower the price over time; so instead of sending a "What's your lowest price?" email, just wait until the price meets your expectations and THEN email me and come get it. Patience is everything. I'm more interested in slowly freeing up closet space as opposed to needing to sell quickly.

Covid precautions: I'll wear a mask, leave the garage door open, and leave plenty of space between us; I've had 1 of 2 vaccinations, so I have high hopes of surviving any transaction.

Description

As one guitar enters the mancave, one must leave. I bought this guitar new a year or two ago, played it five minutes, put it in the closet (climate controlled), and rarely touched it since then. It's never been outside the house and never been gigged. Note that if you see specs on the finish in the photos, it's dust. If you see bubbles on the pickups, pickguard, or backplate, that's the protective plastic that's still there. As an added bonus, I'll include a nylon gig bag (the guitar didn't come with one).

Specs

Color: Black
Body Material: Mahogany (not alder or ash as you might guess)
Body Finish: Gloss Poly
Body Shape: Stratocaster
Neck Material: Maple
Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
Neck Mount: 4-Bolt
Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Gold
Neck Shape: "C" Shape
Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241.3mm)
Frets: 22
Pickup Configuration: HHH
Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
Nut Material: Bone
Truss Rod Wrench: 3/16" Hex (Allen)
Bridge/Middle/Neck Pickup: Powerful Alnico Humbucker (they're not specific as to what type of Alnico)
Controls: Master Volume, Neck Tone, Middle Tone

Pickup Switching:
Position 1. Bridge Pickup
Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
Position 3. Middle Pickup
Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
Position 5. Neck Pickup

Position Inlays: White Dots
Pickguard: 3-Ply White
Hardware Finish: Gold
Bridge: Vintage-Style
Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)

FAQ

1. Why are you selling it?

In a moment of weakness, I was lured in by its sexiness, even though I already had a strat. I'm now trying to thin the herd and eliminate duplicates. It's a great guitar, but if I'm not using it, I might as well move it along.

2. Will you hold the guitar for a certain date for me to pickup?

Unfortunately, I've dealt with many no-shows over the years, so I stick with a "first-come-with-cash, first-served policy." I won't hold a guitar for multiple days. However, you can be assured that when we schedule time for you to come over, I will not sell the gun out from under you. Send me a PM and let's get rolling.

3. Can I see more photos in higher resolution?

You'll find more photos in original hi-res here: https://couchmando.com/misc/hhh/hhh.zip

Pictures:
willcutt-body-jpg.3316126

full-jpg.3316128

body-angle-bottom-jpg.3316129

fingerboard-front-jpg.3316130

headstock-front-2-jpg.3316131

back-from-strap-pin.jpg

willcutt-fingerboard.jpg

willcutt-headstock-back.jpg

Back
Top Bottom