• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT 1999 Chevrolet Suburban 4x2

Parker J Wiley

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Suburban in great shape, especially for being 23 years old. 145,000 miles that may go up slightly as I still drive it occasionally.

The good:
Brand new tires with less than 5k miles on them.
New radiator as well as hoses.
New oil cooler lines.
New battery (Jan 2022)
Most components of front suspension replaced (Jan 2022)
Kenwood radio with Bluetooth and 4 New door speakers.

The not quite as good:
The A/C does work, but honestly the front air doesn't do great in this 100+ degree weather we have been having, the rear air does great, and always has blown like an arctic breeze.
Has power locks, but I don't have a remote, and the power mechanism is kinda weak on it. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
Drivers seat needs repair, typical wear on an old leather seat.

The bad:
Needs a paint job. Clear coat is coming off.
Looks like a previous owner backed into something and there is some light bondo work on the rear passenger side.

Has the trunk style rear not barn doors. 5.7 vortec engine that still runs strong and doesn't use any oil.

Overall the truck runs strong and is in great shape. It's rare to find one with mileage this low.

Feel free to make offers. Open to complete or partial trades for other vehicles or guns.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 347
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    217 KB · Views: 306
Have you tried changing the cabin air filter? May be 2??
Yes. All the filters etc have been checked. They are two entirely different systems though. I'm fairly certain all the front and rear air systems share is the compressor.

I can do a lot of vehicle work myself. But I tend to pay for someone to work on my A/C

A very reasonable price for a solid truck with relatively low miles.

Check the wires leading to the low pressure switch on the AC accumulator. (big silver can mounted on the passenger side firewall). I had a similar generation Tahoe with the same AC problem even after I replaced the compressor. Turns out the wires leading to the low pressure switch were all cracked and frayed and were intermittently shorting out causing the compressor to turn off. If the front AC works at all that means the compressor is turning on which is a great sign and probably means a relatively inexpensive repair. Could just be low on freon too.

Back
Top Bottom