• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT MP5 with all the goodies

The mke is just a Turk built on tooling provided by Germany in the early 70’s. I have played around with the mke, pof, and ptr versions. Frankly all are just fine. The sp series however is nicer fit and finish wise than the others but that’s about it.

I was actually thinking about getting another k size one from century to leave in my truck (that’s the downside of the HK, to dang expensive to ride around with). There is a pretty good deal from century with a $200 factory rebate right now in Atlantic.

Agreed. I've owned 2 MKE guns (both were Zenith imported Z5RS models) and now 2 PTRs (a 9CT and a 9KT). All are phenomenal. IMHO the PTRs are just as nice as the MKE, but you get the US warranty. I've also heard rumors that even PTRs are built on HK tooling, but that's only a rumor and it was correlating to the PTR91...

Good luck with sale OP and nice build! Let me know if you want to sell that Surefire handguard, or we can work out a trade.

Again I'd like to clarify, I originally meant not built on MP5 tooling, but rather SP5 specific tooling. Slightly different spec than military and police models. But regardless I can no longer find a source, determined it to be misinformation, and removed that part from the post.

Again I'd like to clarify, I originally meant not built on MP5 tooling, but rather SP5 specific tooling. Slightly different spec than military and police models. But regardless I can no longer find a source, determined it to be misinformation, and removed that part from the post lol.
For clone correctness, the AP5 is more MP5 than the SP5!

Back
Top Bottom