Item Relisted! FS/FT Post War Walther P38

Status
Not open for further replies.

TradingBana

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
Reaction score
Hi all.

I bought this on impulse a while back. It's pretty cool and it shot well, but it just doesn't fit into the rest of my collection so I'm going to let it find a new home for the same price I paid for it.

If you've never pointed a P38, it's a lot like a Luger. They point really naturally.

For the record, I am not an expert on P38's but I've researched a lot since getting this one.

This is a commercial Walther P38 with a proof date of 1966 on the frame and 1961 on the barrel. I always find it interesting when manufacturers date individual components like that. The "E" suffix on the serial number means it's an export model. Because it was imported before the 1968 Gun Control Act went into effect it won't have an importer stamp.

The pistol has holster wear and it looks like someone ground out some oxidization and reblued the left size of the slide in the past. Mechanically the gun is perfect. Its cosmetic dings give it some character and mean it'd be a great user.

I have a new surplus holster for it that will go with the trade or sale. Pistol comes with one magazine.

I'd prefer a trade over a sale.

Attachments

• p381.jpg
    p381.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 272
  • p382.jpg
    p382.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 269
  • p383.jpg
    p383.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 272
  • p384.jpg