• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT ~ *Scarce Smith and Wesson Model 60-10 3in Pre-Lock .357MAG Unique Stamping* ~

JHW

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
For sale or trade a Smith and Wesson Model 60-10 Chief's Special .357 Magnum Stainless Steel Revolver with a 3-inch Barrel. As most pre-lock Model 60 revolvers were chambered in .38 Special, this 5-shot J-frame .357 Magnum without the internal lock is seldom seen and desirable. This pre-lock revolver features a heavy 3-inch barrel, matte stainless finish, and round butt grip frame with original Uncle Mikes. Mechanically the revolver is in excellent condition with no issues and Bank vault lockup and timing. The bore and cylinder chambers are mint and the mechanical working order is flawless. This one is rather unique in the sense that it does not have stampings or marks on the left of the barrel. Additionally, the serial is not stamped on the part of the frame from my understanding smith and Weston only did this for a very limited time and adds to the coolness factor if you ask me. Included is a period-correct box however it does not have a label so I cannot say for certain it is the original box. This one is a very clean example!

History:
In April 1996 this model was introduced and offered for the first time in .357 Magnum and built on the slightly larger "J-Magnum" Frame with a 3-inch full underlug barrel with adjustable sights, stamped 60-10 for the adjustable sight version with Stainless Finish. Features a .240" service hammer, 312" smooth trigger., Significant changes included are: the 5-shot fluted cylinder with an increased length to a nominal length of 1.6", a new floating firing pin and flat face hammer, and the cylinder stop lug is now part of the frame and also fitted with Uncle Mike's Combat Grips.

Manufactured in 2000, this beauty has desirable features no longer available on today's modern machine-made guns- like the absence of that ugly lock.

Located in Rome, GA please plan to meet near Rome. If you are unable to travel I am happy to ship the revolver.

Trade Interests can Add or Take cash on trades:
  • Pre-Lock Smiths
  • Snub Nose Smiths
  • N-Frame Revolvers
  • K/L Frame Snub Nose or 3inch
  • Early 19 Snub 2-1/2
  • boxed 65 3 inch
  • boxed 64 3 inch
  • Mountain guns
  • 3inch N-Frames
  • Model 16-4
  • 686 No dash boxed Snub Nose
  • Brownings
  • Glocks
  • Try me

Please get in touch with me through PM if you are interested or If you have any Questions use PM.

All positive comments are welcome below.

Thanks for looking and stay safe!!

1fsltcP.jpg

JwiHcK0.jpg

g99VDNT.jpg

gzGjPQy.jpg

iBEPhHB.jpg

0hWeWWu.jpg

fLFVPW4.jpg

Yessir ! This one is a beauty too ! I wish I could afford to up my collection some , lol. I gotta get some $$ up after I get these medical issues under control.
Seems like all my money is going to doctor and hospital co-pays as of late ! Lol

Reactions: JHW
Back
Top Bottom