• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT * Smith and Wesson Model 547 NO DASH 9mm Blue 4" EARLY PRODUCTION Pinned *

JHW

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
This is a Smith and Wesson Model 547 9mm Military and Police double-action revolver. It is chambered for 9mm Parabellum, has a 4” heavy barrel and a six-round cylinder, and the cylinder has a star with extractors especially designed to fit the extractor grooves of 9mm cartridge cases. The pistol is in Excellent condition with its original finish. It has a light dragline in the cylinder and the tiniest of marks from standard use. This is a great-looking revolver that looks as though it was shot only a few times and then locked back up for the next thirty years, taken out of the safe only to be cleaned and oiled. This gun is perfect for someone who collects S&W revolvers – a nice-looking revolver that was only made for about 5 years. This gorgeous example was manufactured in 1981 with the Ultra Rare 4" pinned heavy barrel chambered for the 9mm cartridge. The first full production runs for this model was in 1983 when the factory produced 6486 of the 3" round butt models, in 1984 the factory produced 3480 more of the Model 547 the majority being the 4" barrel. This is one of the very very early and rare Pinned 4-inch. Most of the 4-in revolvers produced were without the pin. One of only 151! The finish on this is not mint though it is very very close. This is what I would consider in excellent condition. The bluing is very nice, but I would not be afraid to shoot it and use it as intended. Yes, you can still see yourself in it. At the same time, I believe it is nice enough that you will be delighted with the investment you have made even one year from now. Mechanically the revolver is in excellent condition with no issues and Bank vault lockup and timing. I do not have the box or documents for this one, but it truly is a beautiful revolver. I can include a copy of the letter for a 547 by Roy Jinks. Based on recent sales on Gunbroker these have been bringing $2,000.00 + on Gunbroker and then you have to pay FFL fees and Sales tax.

This revolver does NOT require moon clips to shoot 9mm

Apologies in advance as the lighting is not great for the photos the small spots are not issues it was just a little oil left on the revolver in the photos

Located in Rome, GA please plan to meet near Rome.

Trade Interests can Add or Take cash on trades:
  • Pre-Lock Smiths
  • Snub Nose Smiths
  • N-Frame Revolvers
  • K/L Frame Snub Nose or 3inch
  • Early 19 Snub 2-1/2
  • boxed 65 3 inch
  • boxed 64 3 inch
  • Mountain guns
  • 3inch N-Frames
  • Model 16-4
  • 686 No dash boxed Snub Nose
  • Try me
  • Brownings
  • Multiple Glocks
If you are unable to travel I am happy to ship it.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with me through PM if you are interested or If you have any Questions use PM.

All positive comments are welcome below.

Thanks for looking and stay safe!!

1PFiVgm.jpg

Z2euRBq.jpg

lyMCBas.jpg

WrOxRqn.jpg

RdchrIj.jpg

acEGspf.jpg

D9haUFq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom