• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS/FT Trijicon TA-45-2 ACOG 1.5x24 $550

Mingo

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Item has been relisted, you can find the new listing at: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-ft-trijicon-ta-45-2-acog-1-5x24-550.2236486/
Item Name: FS/FT Trijicon TA-45-2 ACOG 1.5x24 $550

Zip Code: 30506

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $550
Trade Value or Items Looking For: AK parts kit

Willing to Ship: Yes

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Kind of ugly TA45, this is an ex-LEO optic.

Not gonna say it “needs” a fiber tube as this one does work but it looks terrible and it would behoove you to get it replaced (especially because they will give you a green one for free).

Tritium is long dead, this optic is a 2002 model.

Glass is actually very good

Only mount I have is the crappy semi stripped screw, they make a cheap thumbscrew that’s much better and SLR, AD and Larue all make flattop mounts I believe.

None of this is of any concern because Trijicon will replace the tritium and fiber tube and ship it back to you for free, they did a 2002 TA11 for me in 2016.

Only trade is for cheap AK or AK parts kit or maybe a literal pile of steel AK mags.

Only pic I have at this time, I can get more for serious buyers.

Thanks

Pictures:
5d2acf00-d2ac-436e-8d34-0f4776b3be91-jpeg.2676904

I couldn’t guarantee they would do anything. They fixed one for me and acted like Chik-Fil-A, best gun related customer service I’ve ever had.

Not only replaced the tritium but:

Changed the fiber tube from red to green, no charge

Cleaned the lenses professionally, no charge

Checked tracking on the turrets

Paid return shipping, included swag

I requested reticle change and since they are ground in the lenses it was like $250 which I declined to do.

YMMV, this was late 2016

Using one of these for awhile, the fiber tube outweighs the tritium far and away as far as usefulness in practicality, it gathers light from virtually any light source and the lense quality is so good

I couldn’t guarantee they would do anything. They fixed one for me and acted like Chik-Fil-A, best gun related customer service I’ve ever had.

Not only replaced the tritium but:

Changed the fiber tube from red to green, no charge

Cleaned the lenses professionally, no charge

Checked tracking on the turrets

Paid return shipping, included swag

I requested reticle change and since they are ground in the lenses it was like $250 which I declined to do.

YMMV, this was late 2016

Using one of these for awhile, the fiber tube outweighs the tritium far and away as far as usefulness in practicality, it gathers light from virtually any light source and the lense quality is so good
Interesting. Could use this for a old Bushmaster

Hey Brother! Are you sure about Trijicon still replacing the Tritium for free. I've heard very much the opposite.
I have a police trade in 1.5 ACOG, and broke the fiber optic dropping my gun in the living room. This was about 6 years ago. Called trijicon, and they replaced the fiber and the tritium too I think (it came back much brighter) I can’t remember exactly, but I don’t think I paid anything. Super easy process.

My 2 cents. About three years ago, I sent them a 3 x 9 -40 Accupoint for tritium recharge, and it was $162. Also, inspected another Accupoint for me. I was told they take it into a 'dark room' and measure brightness. If it is low and under warranty, they fix. But, if they determine it is bright enough for the age, even under warranty, they charge to 're-charge'. Can't imagine they do ACOGs any different, but if they did it for you, congrats. I still hunt/shoot them on almost everything. I have ACOG, Accupoint, Accupower, MRO, they are all great .

Ok that makes sense, still $162 rebuild on a $1000 optic seems fair, I would gladly pay that.

If it doesn’t sell by this weekend I’m gonna send it to them and see what they say and I’ll let everyone know.

Thanks for the fair and honest input guys, not everyone likes to have a conversation without getting their emotions involved these days!

Ok that makes sense, still $162 rebuild on a $1000 optic seems fair, I would gladly pay that.

If it doesn’t sell by this weekend I’m gonna send it to them and see what they say and I’ll let everyone know.

Thanks for the fair and honest input guys, not everyone likes to have a conversation without getting their emotions involved these days!
You have the triangle/post reticle?

Back
Top Bottom