• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! FS Old 5 screw smith and wesson

REB

Eagle Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
If my research is correct this was manufactured around 1915. It's a 5 screw smith in 38 cal. Some where in it's life someone refinished it in what I think is a chrome plating which has held up pretty well. The grips are pretty old as well not sure if original to the gun. Could not find any numbers on the back of the grips. Functions well and has a tight lock up. I have the holster in the photo that will come with it. Will be picked up in Smyrna. Will need to see a Ga carry permit and need a BOS for my records. Thanks for looking and happy new year traders.

Attachments

• IMG_2010.JPG
    IMG_2010.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_2011.JPG
    IMG_2011.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2013.JPG
    IMG_2013.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2014.JPG
    IMG_2014.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2015.JPG
    IMG_2015.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 363
All numbers match on bottom of barrel, on cylinder and on the butt heel. I not sure what change it is. I don't know how to check if heat treated, sorry.

Also a number on the star of the ejector rod. Probably the same as the cylinder is original.
Heat treated after #316648 so good with modern ammo. Large ejector knob revolver. Stocks look era correct.
Can you remove the side plate (four screws) and make a picture? Not the trigger guard screw.

Before I go thro all that are you interested in buying it or just curious. The number on the ejector is matching. The s number starts with 24XXXX

The group asked all the questions I would.
I have a nostalgic soft spot for pencil barrel S&W's.
If no one is offering to purchase it, I will.

Possible buyer. I would not be wasting your time otherwise.

I've had a few and the inside is more important than the exterior. Renaissance or Flitz polish can improve the exterior shine. Some dishwater detergent and a toothbrush can clean up the grips.

The inside is simple but some parts are no longer available (it's from 1916). It's a $300+ gun so not worth chasing after. The holster may be from around the 1970's.

Back
Top Bottom