• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's like riding a moped...

If only it took Glock mags LOL
Seriously, they'd sell a gajillion of them.

Already have the itch to pick one up in 9mm.
This is so true and I have actually emailed them a couple of times to point this out. The response I got was that "maybe... someday". I'd love to get about a half dozen of these to arm others during a SHTF, but not without the hi caps.

If only it took Glock mags LOL
Seriously, they'd sell a gajillion of them.

Already have the itch to pick one up in 9mm.

I know what you mean. I have a 9mm AR that takes Glock mags and I love it. I also have a 9mm Sub 2000 that takes Glock mags in my "get home" bag (because it fits). I may end up selling this Hi Point and getting the Mech Tech carbine just for that reason but this was quick, close, and cheap so I had to try it out.

I know what you mean. I have a 9mm AR that takes Glock mags and I love it. I also have a 9mm Sub 2000 that takes Glock mags in my "get home" bag (because it fits). I may end up selling this Hi Point and getting the Mech Tech carbine just for that reason but this was quick, close, and cheap so I had to try it out.
I was looking at a Mech Tech as well, but couldn't stomach the price, especially since I'd already have to source a Glock lower or build one from an 80%. It seems like the way to go is just dealing with it and building an AR-9 like you have.

This is so true and I have actually emailed them a couple of times to point this out. The response I got was that "maybe... someday". I'd love to get about a half dozen of these to arm others during a SHTF, but not without the hi caps.
So basically never... I heard through the grapevine that they stuck with 10 round mags to avoid any "assault weapon" classification, which if true, is a stupid freaking reason. Either way, the price on these is so cheap that I could probably get over the whole incompatibility issue. I have seen them for $269 a couple of times, so maybe I'll end up grabbing one as a plinker.

If SHTF, it's an M4 clone - all day every time.

Back
Top Bottom