• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

its my cat converter isnt it?

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
got a 14 hyunadi accent. was driving fine but yesterday on the road all of a sudden the engine started sounding way louder and engine was sluggish. couldnt put it past 80 even lead footing it. now aceeleration is slow in the first gear and isnt driving as it should.

im thinking the cat converter. my car was throwing a p420 code for a while now but this is the first time it is causing problems. anyone know of a good mechanic or an idea about how much this will cost? im thinking it will be around 800 bucks or so. id do it myself but i aint got a lift and im not about to be uo under a tiny hyundai trying to do this on my back lol

Had same issue with a different car and it was a sensor that had went faulty. Dont know if it's a turbo model but it restricted the turbo and limited rpm

Get someone to rev the engine, or put a heavy object on the gas pedal, and feel the exhaust with your hand. If it's barely coming out, the cat. conv. is restricted.(parking brake on, chock wheel fore/aft)

LOLOLOL

i called malcolm cunningham hyundai dealership just to see what it would roughly cost from them

they said "well, for the catayltic converter alone that part is $1100"

lol **** that. tried to tell me it was so expensive because they have to put it through emissions tests or some garbage

LOLOLOL

i called malcolm cunningham hyundai dealership just to see what it would roughly cost from them

they said "well, for the catayltic converter alone that part is $1100"

lol **** that. tried to tell me it was so expensive because they have to put it through emissions tests or some garbage
They're called Stealerships for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom