• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

its my cat converter isnt it?

Call Hiro, SCC performance - 678-949-9461

4270 Buford Hwy.

Great guy to deal with, reasonable.
appreciate the referal but have a tow truck on way no and taking it to a local muffler shop. guy there said the whole job plus parts would be between 400 and 700 bucks on th high end lol

If your cat collapsed, hold your hand over your exhaust pipe and have someone else rev the engine. If you dont feel a good blast of air, then it collapsed and is choking your engine. In my experience, O2 sensors dont cause a noticeable performance loss other than fuel economy loss.

I’ll bet thars something else going on. Mebbe a blown manifold. Or you tore up your exhaust somewheres. I would check everything else real close before ordering the cat.

I’ll bet thars something else going on. Mebbe a blown manifold. Or you tore up your exhaust somewheres. I would check everything else real close before ordering the cat.
well its going to a muffler shop so they can diag it before hand but im pretty sure its the cat. reverse is fine, i didnt see any physical damage. manifold and outtake and all that goodness didnt have any crazy leaks.

car is way louder, loss of performance by alot, smell of sulfur. imbetting the cat is clogged because it only acts up after i drive it for a bit (once it gets warmed up)

chucklenut chucklenut check/change transmission fluid after new cat. That trans will have overheated some and possibly burnt some fluid. If you haven’t changed it in 100k , it should b done anyway.

was the cat and o2 sensor

mechanic said cats on the hyundai accent go out often, this cause an o2 sensor to burn out which was sending bad info to my ecm

Back
Top Bottom