• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

its my cat converter isnt it?

LOLOLOL

i called malcolm cunningham hyundai dealership just to see what it would roughly cost from them

they said "well, for the catayltic converter alone that part is $1100"

lol **** that. tried to tell me it was so expensive because they have to put it through emissions tests or some garbage
Got to a legit muffler shop. They'll do it for alot less

i thought so too but the o2 sensor wouldnt cause an issue with the performance i dont believe.

for my vehicle the 420 code is mostly caused by a bad cat i think. no other codes were being put out, just p420 3 times
Yeah it’s the cat, but you need to find out why it went bad. Should last for a few hundred K miles.
I had to replace mine at 230,000, and they still looked good, but the precious metals inside finally wore of and just didn’t work good anymore.

was the cat and o2 sensor

mechanic said cats on the hyundai accent go out often, this cause an o2 sensor to burn out which was sending bad info to my ecm
Find another mechanic, at best you misunderstood and he meant the O2 went bad and sent faulty information to the computer and caused a rich fuel environment, and that caused the cat to fail.
But the cat failing won’t harm the O2. The O2 is what’s been telling you there was a problem.

you can check for a plugged cat with a infrared heat thermometer

bad cats used to put off a sulfur (rotten egg smell) in
the days of leaded gasoline not so much these days

old school mechanics would check for a plugged cat with a
vac gauge

po420 could be a lazy sensor but its probably the unit

LOLOLOL

i called malcolm cunningham hyundai dealership just to see what it would roughly cost from them

they said "well, for the catayltic converter alone that part is $1100"

lol **** that. tried to tell me it was so expensive because they have to put it through emissions tests or some garbage
Jokes on them I think Hyundai has a 10 year emissions warranty

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom