• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's that time of year again. DR Cool is looking to hire an intern.

Capt. Dave... sorry to drop this in ur thread, but I'm heading down to Orange Beach Memorial Day week and taking my boat. Snapper season is going to be open yet. You got any Intel on the current bite down that way?

Capt. Dave... sorry to drop this in ur thread, but I'm heading down to Orange Beach Memorial Day week and taking my boat. Snapper season is going to be open yet. You got any Intel on the current bite down that way?

The spanish and kings are running. The cobia should be around soon. The late Spring pushed back much of the bite but it also kept the snapper closer to shore longer.

The rigs within 20 miles are getting hammered. Do some research and get on some bridge rubble or reef pyramids. It is a little more work to stay on the spot but the fish have less pressure on them. Depending on the size of your boat, wahoo are hanging around the elbow and the steps.

The spanish and kings are running. The cobia should be around soon. The late Spring pushed back much of the bite but it also kept the snapper closer to shore longer.

The rigs within 20 miles are getting hammered. Do some research and get on some bridge rubble or reef pyramids. It is a little more work to stay on the spot but the fish have less pressure on them. Depending on the size of your boat, wahoo are hanging around the elbow and the steps.
Thanks for the info. I'm only running a 20' CC, but I'll run out 12-14 in 1' or less... usually keep it inside of 5-6 m in 2-3' seas. I've got all the public points loaded on my Simrad and a few private spots too. Trolling corridor is typically where I run and hook into several good Kings. Would love to come across a Cobia or two. What's the best tactic for them?

Navajo code talk for those of you unfamiliar with this response. :behindsofa:

Back
Top Bottom