• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ITT..you mess with the NEWBIE....

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
Yes folks, as much as I love firearms, I've always stuck to the over the counter stuff, and never worried about reloading....Recently in a trade I picked up a M57 41 magnum with some reloading supplies

Got some brass, and some dies..and I have no idea wtf to do with them or what else I need... This is what I have
i182.photobucket.com_albums_x159_meatwadttm_Mobile_20Uploads_IMG_4007.jpg

What do they do, what are they, what else do I need? And where can I find reloading recipes for the .41 magnum?

You seem to have a set of Lee dies. If that is the extend of your reloading stuff, you have quite a few things to pick up. The very first thing that comes to my mind (other than bullets, powder, and primers) is a press. You could get by with something like this: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=650614

You will need to get a manual or two. Even if you are only going to load one caliber, you need to know the basics in a good manual. There are probably lots of other things you need but I will let some other folks give their opinion!

Kinda like finding a set of keys, and now all you have to do is build a car. You got a lot of stuff to buy and a lot of money to spend yet, if you decide to do this.

They are parts from your M57. Those parts mean that your M57 will not work properly and is worthless. Lucky for you I will spend the gas money to come and pick up the M57 and those worthless parts, and you will not have to pay me anything. I can be there in about an hour. Just let me know.

They are parts from your M57. Those parts mean that your M57 will not work properly and is worthless. Lucky for you I will spend the gas money to come and pick up the M57 and those worthless parts, and you will not have to pay me anything. I can be there in about an hour. Just let me know.

:( I thought she was worth something, but I guess if its useless you can have it. No sense in having a useless paperweight.

So, you want to reload? Let's not sugar coat it, this is a serious undertaking!

Look over the hyperlink below for some helpful hints as to what equipment you will need.
But first, reflect upon yourself and determine whether or not you want to invest the time and effort necessary to safely
reload ammunition that (if improperly reloaded) can kill or maim you. The time investment is significant in that you will NEED to read several
reloading manuals before you actually buy anything. Then you will be faced with spending at least $200 in buying the basic equipment that
you will NEED... Then there are the components, and the time and cost to work up loads that your pistol / rifle will shoot accurately.

http://www.handloads.com/articles/default.asp?id=33

Back
Top Bottom