• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've been looking and thinking real hard about getting a Dodge Viper.

Every weekend it was a different thing.
Sensors, check engine lights.Fuel evap sensors n Evap gaskets
Wheel sensors and ABS sensors..

It just went on and on and on..week after week..
I’m not trying to be negative, everyone has a dream.

If Yours is a Dodge Viper? Go for it

Mine was a Jeep Wrangler 2dr hardTop.4x4
(I got to live my dream for three months.)
If yours is a viper you should live your dream.

I'm assuming you are older and well mannered like me so how is the insurance rates?

I have a weekend toy with Hagerty Insurance, (regular cars are State Farm) limited use 5,000 (?) miles a year $600 a year. Keeping it in the garage is a cheaper rate.
Zero to sixty stock is 4.1 seconds, that is plenty fast for me. :thumb:

I've had four...2002,2005, 2008, 2014. liked them all. Newer 2014 was my favorite due to more horsepower (650), tons or torgue, launch control, nav, better air conditional than previous and far more creature comforts than previous models. When compared to other cars of this type, they actually hold their value pretty well provided you don't abuse it, don't track it etc. Keep service records, Keep the miles reasonable for resale purposes.....or...like the the guy before me said, if you can afford it, go for it and enjoy it. Don't know how old you are, however most (there are a few exceptions) of these vipers will never be "collector" cars in our lifetime. Even though I like corvettes....Its not a corvette and as you know there are boatloads of them on the streets.... I recently sold my 2014 coupe and got into an Audi R8 Spyder.
If you would like more info regarding my experiences with them, , please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Bibs

Awesome cars that aren’t being made anymore. I’ve never driven the newest generation but have driven a few of the older models (2010 and prior). They’re an experience for sure but for the money, there are so many other options that can deliver the same performance with more practicality. That being said, a Viper is never a bad idea if you have the money.

I’d also check into C7 Corvettes (discounted since the C8 is on the way) and Hellcats (similar power but more comfy).

Back
Top Bottom