• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've got 10 beers in the fridge...

i will get with you tomorrow. I seen a recipe for gunnisse in Irish cooking
I found half a 5th of Jim Beam Orange and half a 5th of Coconut Rum if you want them too. I don't swig from the bottle so they're clean...

McGuire's in Destin has Steak and Guinness pie I believe? So good. Might be worth looking into also...

Alcohol ain’t for diabetes! Been type 2 for about 13 years now! Might drink couple beers and couple of shots of liquor a year now if that! So for this year 1 beer . We go to American Legion on Saturday night to dance and wife drinks couple drinks and I drink about 6 bottles of water. Since retirement I do walk a lot more, average 1.5 mileage a day this year.

I am keeping this in mind. I'm going to try this on my own at first and if I find myself struggling, I'll seek some outside help. My issue is mostly willpower. Everyday I think to myself I need to go upstairs and throw the weights around and do some exercise, and everyday I wind up doing zero.

So far I have made some changes to my diet and I can tell a difference already. The last time I just cut everything out cold turkey and dropped my A1C down to 6 but I ate salad 2x a day for months. Doc was ecstatic but my diet was not sustainable. So I'm trying a different approach this time.

The diet is the hardest part I love to eat and cook. I did the salad thing, and it does get old. My diet mainly consists of green vegetables both raw and cooked, poultry, fish, and egg whites. There are times when I go off my diet for weeks and I feel it.
For exercise I use a stationary bike or bicycle for cardio and weights.

Haven't drank any since sometime last week. Had labwork done (I'm diabetic), A1C was high...but my triglycerides were 3257. Supposed to be less than 150.

Never got a taste for beer until my mid 30s, not an alky but sometimes I just want to knock back a few. Just one doesn't cut it. I wish it did. It sucks that my body won't tolerate alcohol anymore when I know several people that drink a 12 pack every night. I was only drinking 12 a week.

Not sure the point of this post...just want to piss and moan I guess. If this helps anyone in anyway, I guess that would be a good thing.

View attachment 4910416View attachment 4910417
A couple things. I have been a diabetic for going on 30 years. I drink bud light and it doesn’t make my blood sugar go up. I don’t know what it does to triglycerides or cholesterol..

I have been using the freestyle libre system. This particular flavor Bluetooth's with my phone to set off alerts if my sugar goes too high or too low image.jpg

The diet is the hardest part I love to eat and cook. I did the salad thing, and it does get old. My diet mainly consists of green vegetables both raw and cooked, poultry, fish, and egg whites. There are times when I go off my diet for weeks and I feel it.
For exercise I use a stationary bike or bicycle for cardio and weights.
I love to cook and eat too. I don't eat fish...but I'm going to try. Now that you mention it, we have a stationary bike...it's been "stationary" for about 2 years lol! I'll have to drag it out and see if I can find a good place for it.

Alcohol ain’t for diabetes! Been type 2 for about 13 years now! Might drink couple beers and couple of shots of liquor a year now if that! So for this year 1 beer . We go to American Legion on Saturday night to dance and wife drinks couple drinks and I drink about 6 bottles of water. Since retirement I do walk a lot more, average 1.5 mileage a day this year.
Thats great. I don’t walk for exercise but keep moving all day long. My wife averages bout 3 miles a day with our little rescue girl. Keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom