• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've officially been robbed at gun point...

AKguy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
74   1
Reaction score
I decided not to post this until now, because I've been dealing with several officers and detectives for most of the day. Last night I went to meet up with a friend of mine. We shot some pool, had a couple of drinks, and so on. Being that the bar is a less than a half mile from my house, I decided to do the responsible thing and not drive. I also figured the exercise would be good. The night comes to an end, and we part ways and I figure no problem, I'll walk back to the house. I get on the side street my house is on and here comes a shady looking fella, crossing the street in my direction. My first thought was uh-oh this isn't good, and it was right. He mumbled something, then pulled a pistol and told me to empty my pockets. Took my money and cell phone and some change and ran. I got in touch with police and told them what he looked like and so on. But the joke is on him, because he only got $17 and now the police are trying to triangulate my phone. It also has a lock code so if he turns it off and then turns it back on, he won't be able to use it. I hope they catch the SOB because he's going to prison for a long time.

I feel your pain brother......been there done that........glad your ok.......even better....glad you were not carrying after coming from the bar.....if you had anything to drink and if you justifiably shot and killed this dirt bag.....his ole mama would have called 1-800-I need a dirt bag lawyer.....and you might have got yourself into a jackpot....civilly not criminally.......lets hope they catch the douche!!

I take it you werent carrying?

Nope, otherwise they'd be picking up his pieces on the sidewalk.

Ugh. Sorry to hear it.

What part of NE GA are you in?

Over here in Athens.

Did he have a "shiney" pistol. They like to use "shiney" pistols and they're really scared of them too (no joke) ! Glad you did'nt get hurt.

No, one of the officers asked me what the gun looked like. I said black, I think Bersa of some sort. Looked like a 9mm or .380, but I didn't really have a chance to pay too much attention to detail. My adrenaline was running wild.

Seems like every time some doesn't have a gun they get robbed, I'm glad you are still with us, it coulda gone horribly wrong. If he has your cell its only a matter of time, someone robbed my girl and they used her Droid, they had the ***** 2 hours later.

Seems like every time some doesn't have a gun they get robbed, I'm glad you are still with us, it coulda gone horribly wrong. If he has your cell its only a matter of time, someone robbed my girl and they used her Droid, they had the ***** 2 hours later.

Yep, I was going to call Verizon and disable it, but the officers told me to leave in on for a couple of days. They think they might be able to track him down.

Confrontation involving firearms is a bad situation, It dosen't matter how tough or trained you think you are- the adrenaline levels can make your reaction unpredictable. Glad you made it out ok to post another day- Funny he only got $17 bucks!!!! I never carry cash-

Back
Top Bottom