• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've officially been robbed at gun point...

is this the guy?
i274.photobucket.com_albums_jj249_bearpugh_asshole.jpg

Yet another reason why I'm glad to be getting out of working in Athens.. If it weren't for the UGA mafia trying to keep a nice image, people would really see what the town really is.

Glad you're ok!

While I am an advocate for concealed carry, I am glad the OP was not carrying. If he had been and decided to use force, he could have been the one in trouble, as he admitted to having some drinks. Also, depending on how much revenue is generated by this bar from food sales, if they do, and how much from alcoholic drink sales, he could have been charged with another "crime" in the eyes of the legal society. While he may have been in full control of his faculties, a judge/prosecutor could have used that against him and gotten the rat bastard who robbed off on a "technicality". In this case, the best possible outcome seems to have been the one that happened. People who would do something like the offender did are dumb enough to try to use the phone and he will get caught.

Chris, you do realize it is lawful to carry in a bar even if they do not serve food and derive 100% of their revenue from alcohol sales, correct? Also, nowhere in Georgia code does it prohibit you from using deadly force in defense of your life if you have been consuming alcohol. It is a misdemeanor to "discharge" a firearm while intoxicated, however I don't think it would hold ground in the event of using deadly force in defense of an armed robbery against yourself or your family.

Back
Top Bottom