• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've officially been robbed at gun point...

open carry would have prevented this

Or gotten him shot in the back. Never know what the criminal is thinking or would do. I'm for CCW, but not against OC. However OC makes me think of situations like that.

OP: Glad your ok! Like it's been said, you lost 17 bucks and a cellphone, but still have what is valuable!

OC at night doesn't mean a thing. Besides, the BG had the element of surprise and it's pretty hard to outdraw a pistol pointed at you. That's the end of my hijack.

I really hope they get this guy. ACCPD is pretty good at tracking down dirtbags.. the only problem is they're everywhere.

I'm glad you okay. I would hate to think that kind of thing would happen where I live. My place is right down town and I usually never think twice about going out for a jog/walk. I bet it makes think a little bit more about what people are capable of.

Thanks for the kind words guys. One the officers told me that Athens has seen a huge spike in robberies lately.

had to be East Athens....

Did you have insurance on your cellphone? Make sure to go see my friends over at the Verizon on Gaines School Rd., especially if you don't have insurance.

PM me if you need any wireless advice/phone advice.

I appreciate the help, but luckily I have insurance on it. And yea, it was sh*t hole east Athens. It kinda sucks. I really like my house. It's pretty spacious and has a decent amount of land behind it, but the area is just a total sh*t hole. But I won't be here past February. I've been looking into working with a few companies based out of Duluth, so hopefully I'll be able to move back to a red county - and the sooner the better.

Athens is a Shat hole. Go to Athens Regional ER anytime of the day and view the "clients" in the waiting room. AK im glad your ok man. Call me next time I'll DD for you. You wont be walking and I can promise you i'll be armed. I hate Athens, If your remove the college its about like Detroit. Remember the police shooting a few months ago???

Agreed. Remove the college aspect and you'd have a 3rd world disaster area.

OC at night doesn't mean a thing. Besides, the BG had the element of surprise and it's pretty hard to outdraw a pistol pointed at you. That's the end of my hijack.

I really hope they get this guy. ACCPD is pretty good at tracking down dirtbags.. the only problem is they're everywhere.

I hope they get him. They know how to find scum bags when they need to. Unfortunately these incidents have been on the rise so they're getting stretched kinda thin.

Back
Top Bottom