• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jakes are

Adamjen15

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Assholes. I was hunting this morning and there was a big tom gobbling like crazy, he was coming in great then all of a sudden I heard him gobble way off. So I was wondering what I did wrong scratching my head. Well here came three jakes running right at my decoy. Them jakes ran that Tom off and circled back around to get that hen aka me. Lol I had the same thing happen last year with two jakes. They sure know how to ruin a good hunt

Bully Jakes will ruin a hunt for sure.
If they come in acting like a big boy they might get shot like a big boy.

I had one gobbling like a big boy 2 Saturday’s ago. He was coming up out of a steep draw gobbling like a boss. As soon as he stuck his head out on the rd I busted his arse. Ran up to him to see it was a Jake. It was the 1st Jake I shot in a long, long time. I was disappointed for about as long as it took for him to stop kicking. It didn’t take long to think about smoked turkey breasts on the Traeger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assholes. I was hunting this morning and there was a big tom gobbling like crazy, he was coming in great then all of a sudden I heard him gobble way off. So I was wondering what I did wrong scratching my head. Well here came three jakes running right at my decoy. Them jakes ran that Tom off and circled back around to get that hen aka me. Lol I had the same thing happen last year with two jakes. They sure know how to ruin a good hunt
maybe do away with decoy just call some

I set up on a field years ago and watch a bigole gobbler smack jakes over an over as they came in. Twack !

That old gobbler sho was good :hungry:

His wings were plum ground off from struttin.

I resent that :becky:

Back
Top Bottom