• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jakes are

I had one gobbling like a big boy 2 Saturday’s ago. He was coming up out of a steep draw gobbling like a boss. As soon as he stuck his head out on the rd I busted his arse. Ran up to him to see it was a Jake. It was the 1st Jake I shot in a long, long time. I was disappointed for about as long as it took for him to stop kicking. It didn’t take long to think about smoked turkey breasts on the Traeger.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah man! I had a similar scenario like that on Paulding Forest 2 years ago. I finally connected with one after repositioning. That big-headed joker peeked up over a log and I knew it was the boss. Rolled his butt and when I got up to him, it was a Jake.
He fed my family well.

I have noticed especially in middle ga South not so much here in mountains I over years I have called several Jakes in these areas mentioned Minus the Mtns that would gobble strut like mature Tom only way tell was by feathers in Fan. I called up killed one this Jake gobblers here in my area couple seasons go came in gobbling strutting thru Iveys I rolled him got to him one these 1/2 grown gobblers . My theory they more likely act this way when no mature gobblers around .

Back
Top Bottom