• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jalapeño Review

medium187mph

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
217   0
Reaction score
So Tazz Tazz posted a review on some hot sauce why not some peppers.

I occasionally like to eat jalapeño's on pretty much everything and picked up a huge jar at a local box shop for under $4. Mt. Olive, kind of a staple in our household for years. Jar would last about 2-3 months and then I'd go grab another.

IMG_8562.PNG

Then my wife picked up a jar of La Costena and I immediately noticed a nice little sour, pickled heat that I never experienced with the Mt. Olives. Nachos, tacos, burgers, grilled cheese, meat loaf... oh man these things were great!

IMG_8561.JPG

Then it happens, vacation in Florida and we're stocking up the condo with food and drinks. Then I realized we didn't have any jalapeño's.

Father in law and I run to the store and he grabs a jar of Trappey's... guys I kid you not, I loaded up a few on some fresh oysters and I instantly knew I've found the one.

IMG_8563.JPG

Trappey's had a crunch no other jar had, a heat with sour and sweet I've never experienced.

At that point I realized there really is a difference in jalapeño peppers! It was like comparing beer brands of different levels (you know what I mean)

I had no clue the complex flavors existed.

In the end, Trappey's by far out flavored the other 2 standard brands along with a crunch. The others lacked flavor and fresh snap compared after tasting all 3.

I love some peppers and I've got a garden full of them but damn, Trappey's found the perfect pickled flavor and the snap of a fresh pepper that hard to beat!

Grab a jar when you see them! You won't be disappointed!

I loves me some jalapeno peppers too! I have a jar of the Trappey's in the fridge right now but it's about empty, gotta get some more! But my next door neighbor usually gives me a sack full of various peppers out of her garden every year, this year there's been so much rain it ruined her whole garden. I always take those peppers and make pepper sauce out of em', I have several jars still in the fridge from last year. Some of em' are HOTTER THAN HELL! Lol!

Awesome post!
Thanks for the review.

Try this,
Buy an extra jar.
Dump out enough juice until you can add about a cup of regular or brown sugar.
Let I sit for 2-7 days, reload sugar if the level goes down.
After that you have "candied" jalapenos!
Sweet and hot.

Back
Top Bottom