• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jambalaya

I’m leaving this forum cause all these posts have made me hungry lol
I might get corrected by the folks from Cajun Country but I'm not from there so you'll have to gimme a kitchen pass...kitchen pass, get it?!?! Hahaha!

I diced up: red and green bell pepper, 1 each jalapeño, red (chile?) pepper, and some kind of green pepper...Anaheim I think? One onion and a bunch of garlic. Sautéed with some oil until cooked through but still firm.

I added a 14oz can of crushed tomatoes, 4 cans of chicken broth, some chicken bouillon, bay leaf, 2 tablespoons combined of Old Bay, Slap Ya Mamma hot version, and some other Cajun spice. I also threw in a little cayenne and some thyme, salt and pepper. 2 cups of uncooked rice and I had to keep stirring and add some water as it cooked.

Separate pan I seared and cooked a pound of sausage and about 2 pounds of chicken.

When the rice was done, I added the sausage and chicken. Mixed it through and then added 1.5 pounds of uncooked raw shrimp.

Man this is good eatin! And really ain't that hard. Just gotta keep stirring while watching the rice.View attachment 4716550View attachment 4716551View attachment 4716552View attachment 4716553

I make mine with pearl onions instead of diced. Roast them up and drop them in.

are you passing out leftovers?
That sounds good too, I love onions!

I have some leftovers but only because I had 2 teeth pulled. I thought I could get through the jambalaya alright but it's a little harder than I was anticipating lol...

I gave a bunch to my brother and his wife and they gave me rave reviews :becky:

I've been doing some reading and thinking, I wanna give the non-tomato jambalaya a try. I gotta dig around and see if I find a recipe that sounds good

I forgot to mention that jambalaya always calls for Andouille, I used smoked sausage instead. I like the flavor better and it helps cut the heat.
I was going to ask if you used Andouille sausage or not. I like it in moderate doses. There is a milder version of Andouille sausage that it pretty popular for some. I need to try some of that in Jambalaya next time I make it.

Yours looks amazing.

I was going to ask if you used Andouille sausage or not. I like it in moderate doses. There is a milder version of Andouille sausage that it pretty popular for some. I need to try some of that in Jambalaya next time I make it.

Yours looks amazing.
Thanks!

I feel the same about Chorizo...I like a little bit of it but not a whole lot.

Back
Top Bottom