• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Jeep aficionados I need your opinion

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
I am going to sell my 2011 Polaris 800XP Ranger, It only 500 or so miles and a new battery. I want to trade it towards a 2 Door Jeep, like the Wranglers, CJs, you get idea...All I want is 4wd of course and an Automatic..I know I will have to add some cash for the right one..My question is with all the different Engines, in your opinion which would be the best motor to go with and why?? Thanks for taking the time to read this and all opinions will be greatly appreciated..Thanks

I have had 14 Jeeps and two Toyota landcruisers,
The cj engines run forever , I had one with 185k on it when I got it and drove it for another five years

The 4.0 I6 in later YJs and TJs is going to give you the best blend of performance, reliability, and fuel economy.

Of course, nothing says cool like a V8 CJ.

89 or latter Wrangler, can be had with a 4.0L fuel injected engine and as auto transmission. With the fuel injected engine you don't have to worry about stalling in off camber situations.

I’ve had 3 Jeeps with the 4.0, and just bought a TJ with a 4.0 and auto trans. They’ve all worked extremely well, even up to 300+k miles. Plenty of low end torque. Two of them I converted into 4.7 Strokers - even more torque. They’ll last forever and are nearly indestructible if taken care of. When they eventually go if they do (I’ve seen plenty on the road with over 300k still trucking along,) just pull them and build them into strokers. Hands down the best bang for the buck.

Back
Top Bottom